Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    The models I am considering are the NX-250 and the Warbonnet 1.7 double.
    I am 6' 3" and weigh 190#
    i wouldn't recommend the double 1.7, it's overkill for you, and honestly a lighterweight version would be more comfortable since you're only 190.

i'd recommend double 1.0, double 1.1, or single 1.7, this will save you alot of weight as well compared to the double 1.7 which is really meant for folks over 250#

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Also some obersavations on the two companies. Clark is standoff-ish, guarded in emails when you ask questions and generally pretty "corporate". Contrast that with Brandon who is approachable, friendly, quick to help - all round a nice guy who is genuinely into his products and proud of them, and so he should be. I bought a superfly and the build quality is nothing short of outstanding.
    I'm sorry you got that impression from Clarks. My experience was exactly the opposite. I found them to be very helpful and completely willing to give me any information I asked for. I even called them on the phone and had a wonderful conversation with them. I ended up ordering the NX-250 and even though I haven't slept in anything else, I can't see myself wanting anything else. It has everything. I corresponded with Brandon early on via e-mail and found him to be just as you described. I just wanted to say it definitely does not seem to me that Clark is in any a "corporate" type of company. They are a small company, handmaking everything to the highest of standards, and located right here isn the USA.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Wow, ask and you shall receive. Thanks for all the shared information here. I had other questions about Clark vs. Warbonnet but they mostly got addressed in these discussions. Also getting pointed towards some prior threads got me into a lot of good information, too.

Now... I need to digest all this...retiring in 7 weeks and I'm ready for a 'hammock nap'.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    HammockGear 40*UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    well i'm 6'6'' and i can sleep on my stomach in my nx-200 from clark...but i've never tried a warbonnet

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Passinthru:
    To start of with let me describe myself and sleeping habits........6'1" and 300lbs, think fireplug but taller!!! At home I sleep just about in the same manner as you. I have both the CJH NX-200 and the WBBB 1.7DL. As others have stated the CJH is a bulletproof hammock and has some weight penalties to go with it. I have been able to sleep on my back, side and managed for a short time to nap on my stomach, don't recommend it but you can try if you feel you need to. The WBBB is lighter, allows for an almost completely flat lay (on your back good, on your stomach not so good!!!!!), side sleeping I have found to be comfortable only on my left side but for limited periods of time. IMHO you cannot go wrong with either one of these hammocks, I recommend that you try them both out if you want to make a truly informed decision on your purchase. If you would like to try a CJH NX-200 I will be more than happy to allow you to try mine, just send me a PM and we can work out the arrangments.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    I am a big fan of the clarks. I contacted them via email and got very detailed and friendly responses, quickly. They are bombproof and the weathershield makes a huge difference. I just wish the nx250 was wider. But, because its not, I am now using the ENO DN. I would buy from clarks in a heartbeat.

Hammock
    Clark NX150
    Tarp
    OES 12x15, SF
    Insulation
    MW4, NO Snivler
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Clarks went out of the way to make my trip. I ran across HF on a monday while shearching for tents. My son, and I had a scout trip that Fri. Tuseday after some research. I called CJH they where very helpful. I asked if it would be posible to get them by Friday for our trip. They said no problem they had the two NA in stock with upgraded tarps we wanted. I sent the funds, and they sent me the tracking info. OK It shipped Tuesday. Wendsday on track for Friday delivery. I check again on Thursday, and it reads delayed. Rescedualed for Monday after the trip. I called CJH I was told sorry, and they would do there best. I was called back within a half hour, and was told they recalled the first shippment, and sent a new one over nite. It was on my door step in 19hrs.
    After all that after my trip I traded up the two NA w/xl tarps to two Nx 150s with no tarps. With out any problems. I only had to pay the shipping.
    Two thumbs up for CJH.
    We love our NX 150s
    Carl

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    bigbamaguy - thanks for the offer - I have sent you a PM

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    My customer service experience with Clark has been nothing but extremely positive. They replaced a tarp for me that damaged by my noobness in setting it up. They offered me the upgraded XL at just the incremental cost plus shipping too. All positive on my end with talking to the folks at Clark.

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Have to agree that there is no substitution for having tried both of them for yourself, best way to find out which one you like. Keep your eye on the for sale section here, you can often pick one up at a discount and sell it for about the same price if it turns out you hate it.

As far as sleeping in a hammock, you might find that you sleep differently in a hammock than you do a bed. I know I did. I'm typically a side sleeper in a bed, but am über comfy sleeping on my back (or side for that matter) in my WBBB.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast