ENO Doublenest (wanting WBBB)
    Tarp
    Up for suggestions
    Insulation
    Colman Camp Mat
    Suspension
    WS w/ MSH

WBBB + Extras

Hey guys, so after a few trips with my ENO Doublenest, I thought it was time to upgrade before the summer hits. I upgraded my ENO with whoopie slings, a dyna glide ridge line, toggles, and tree straps from AHE. That was about the best I could do for a casual lay at the park, but I needed something to keep the skeeters out while camping in the summer.

I ordered a Warbonnet Black Bird 1.7 double layer and 7/64 Amsteel blue from Red Den Marine. I was wondering what people have been using on the WBBB? Did you change your suspension out to whoopie slings, or do you use the stock adjustable webbing suspension. Regardless I bought the rope already, I can always use some amsteel around the house.

Hammock
    N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarheli View Post
    Hey guys, so after a few trips with my ENO Doublenest, I thought it was time to upgrade before the summer hits. I upgraded my ENO with whoopie slings, a dyna glide ridge line, toggles, and tree straps from AHE. That was about the best I could do for a casual lay at the park, but I needed something to keep the skeeters out while camping in the summer.

I ordered a Warbonnet Black Bird 1.7 double layer and 7/64 Amsteel blue from Red Den Marine. I was wondering what people have been using on the WBBB? Did you change your suspension out to whoopie slings, or do you use the stock adjustable webbing suspension. Regardless I bought the rope already, I can always use some amsteel around the house.
    The only thing I did to my BB was add a piece of rope tied to the ridge line leading to the foot-end zipper. This lets me zip and unzip using my foot so I don't have to try to sit up in the hammock and reach for my toes to grab the zipper

Enjoy your Skeeter-Beater WBBB!

(Sorry about the BAD editing - silly software I used SLOWED DOWN the video but kept the audio the same speed....)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarheli View Post

I think it depends on your reasons for making the change. I own a Hennessey Explorer with whoopie slings/tree huggers and a WBBB 1.1 dl with the webbing/dutch clips. i changed my son's hennesseys to whoopies for ease of setup (no crazy knot/lashing). With the webbing and dutch clips, I get the same ease of setup with the BB as I do using whoopies/huggers/biners. More experienced HF members may offer better reasons (weight, hang angle, stretch??) for one or the other. It's what I like about hammocking; you tailor the setup for your needs/preferences/addictions...

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    I live in Florida!
    I also upgraded from the eno to the wbbb i have the 1.1 with the sock adjustable webbing straps with a biner. Works great for me and is easy to use. Down here in florida bug netting is a must!!
    One Human Family

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I use whoopies to cut weight and bulk. I put a vid on how to switch out the suspension in the suspension forum.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Blackbird Double 1.0 coyote
    Tarp
    Big Mama - Spinn
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings
    I used the stock webbing for a while and it is super easy to use. I eventually switched out to some whoopies just because they are a little lighter but mostly because they are just cool.
    Your life is an occassion. Rise to it !!!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    since the BB comes with suspension all ready attached, give it a fair trial. also make yourself a pair of whopies for fun, coolness and back-ups. then someday, when you have learned to work with the stock suspension, you can pull the strap out of the "triangles" (but leave them attached to the BB) and lark's head the whopies to the hammock and try them out a couple of times and then go with what you prefer.
    both work well and there is none better than the one you like the best.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL, DIY 1.1
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I changed my WBBB 1.1 Dl to whoopie slings and really like it much better. I also like the ease of takedown now. I think it's faster and I can get the slack I need much easier now.
    Cecilg

• + New Posts