Warbonnet BlackBird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat ultra
    Insulation
    incubator+burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

HammockGear quilts in Coyote brown?

First off, I'm now a proud owner of a 3s incubator and 3s burrow in stealth black to match my WBBB, and I really love the way this setup looks. I was hoping to get a set of quilts for my wife's WBBB 1.0 DL in coyote brown, but it looks like that color is no longer offered on the hammock gear website. Do you all have any plans to make this color again in the future? I know color won't affect the function, but it sure is nice to have a full matching setup, looks very slick, and I'm guessing having two fully matching setups side by side would be even nicer looking!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinar View Post
    First off, I'm now a proud owner of a 3s incubator and 3s burrow in stealth black to match my WBBB, and I really love the way this setup looks. I was hoping to get a set of quilts for my wife's WBBB 1.0 DL in coyote brown, but it looks like that color is no longer offered on the hammock gear website. Do you all have any plans to make this color again in the future? I know color won't affect the function, but it sure is nice to have a full matching setup, looks very slick, and I'm guessing having two fully matching setups side by side would be even nicer looking!
    Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you love your setup.

Regarding the Coyote Brown color we used to offer. In this case we discontinued the color because it did in fact affect function. The supplier we were using (the only one would could find at the time offering that particular color) was no longer able to insure a dependable DWR finish to the fabric. The breathability was fine (not too much not too little) but the fabric itself would soak though with even a small amount of moisture. That type of things is not so critical for a top quilt but an underquilt should be made with a material that has a little more resistance to moisture. We are keeping on the lookout for new material sources all the time. You never know when we might hit the jackpot again. Heck, we might even find a decent source for a light weight camo fabric that meets all of our standards....I am not holding my breath though...

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat ultra
    Insulation
    incubator+burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Thanks for the explanation Adam.

I ordered a 3s incubator and burrow set in navy blue. I figure that will look nice on the black blackbird, and I will let the wife have the stealth black set, that should look nice on the coyote brown

And so the waiting begins..... I hope ya'll aren't as busy as you were right after the black friday sale!
    Last edited by gavinar; 02-03-2011 at 15:08.

• + New Posts