Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    The picture helps a lot. So basically it sounds like I should make the RL and the UQ about equal and I'm ok? Correct...?

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The trick to fitting an UQ to the WBBB is allowing enough sag in the UQ where when you get into the hammock it doesn't compress the down. But you also want to make sure both the head and foot ends are sealed. It is a bit of a balancing act. The way I figured it out was with a friend. I got into the hammock, and she adjusted the shock cords with cordlocks so that I was not actually putting any weight on the UQ, but had it just underneath me. She also adjusted the head and foot ends for sealage(is that a word?, if not, DIBBS!). I then got out of the hammock and used a paint pen on the shockcords to mark the placement of the cordlocks. So now, even if the cordlocks move or I have to replace a broken one, I can quickly set it to the right position. I hope this helps, I know time is an issue, but it only takes about a half hour to accomplish.

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    Is it a winter or 3S? I don't have to tighten my 3S nearly as tight as I do my wife's winter Incubator.

I'm just sitting here, drooling over this pic^^^ Those incubators looks outstanding, can't wait to get one, too bad it wont be in coyote though but I bet their olive looks great too.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    It's a 3 Season. By the way, thanks for all the information!!! I think I'm ready to get it adjusted and on my way!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    TexasHanger...thanks for asking that question---it's helpful information for me, too.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Well, the waiting is over!!! It's here!!!

First, I want to thank Stormcrow for their support... When my package was lost (by my local post office) he was very quick to respond - even while on vacation - to help us out. This is something you don't often see with the big suppliers!

I pulled the UQ and Burrow out last night and quickly rigged them to my WBBB, and within minutes I was hanging cozy as a bug! I was very worried about the setup, but within minutes I had everything hanging warm and ready to go... this thing is almost idiot-proof.

I have to tell everyone... If you're like me and spent a year experimenting with different insulation like pads, etc. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! Take the leap and buy a UQ.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by texashanger View Post
    I have to tell everyone... If you're like me and spent a year experimenting with different insulation like pads, etc. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! Take the leap and buy a UQ.
    you said it

*congrats on the incubator
    Last edited by rip waverly; 02-15-2011 at 16:14. Reason: forgot
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texashanger View Post
    Well, the waiting is over!!! It's here!!!

First, I want to thank Stormcrow for their support... When my package was lost (by my local post office) he was very quick to respond - even while on vacation - to help us out. This is something you don't often see with the big suppliers!

I pulled the UQ and Burrow out last night and quickly rigged them to my WBBB, and within minutes I was hanging cozy as a bug! I was very worried about the setup, but within minutes I had everything hanging warm and ready to go... this thing is almost idiot-proof.

After getting to try one out, I'll x2 to that.. you'll spend as much money on a bunch of cheaper solutions but in the end after the first time you get to use one you'll be hooked... this is from a cheapskate like myself

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles

Incubator Maiden Hang

Well, I got my new 3S Incubator and Burrow and tried them out for the first time this weekend.

Temps were very mild (50's at night), but they were very warm and very easy to adjust... Suspect these babies have a lot of range in them.

One thing I did notice was the second night the wind kicked up pretty high (~ 15mph), and it seemed like every time a gust of wind came my underside would get cold. Since the wind was coming at me from the side I don't think it was an adjustment issue on the ends.

I'm going to try to reach out to Stormcrow and see if this is common when it's windy... maybe I need to hang an outer layer to stop the wind...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast