Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedup View Post
    Small town called Simpson. Kinda between everything up north here. Morgantown, Grafton, Philippi, Fairmont, Bridgeport/Clarksburg.

On a side note, I would like to try to get a hang together this summer here in WV for some that may not have been here before and those who have. Plenty of nice places like the Canaan Valley, Dolly Sods, Spruce Knob areas. I'll post'er up if I can get it together.
    I grew up in Fairmont! Happy Camper and some others organized a Dolly Sods hang last year. I'd definately do that again.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer ASYM Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Don't know yet
    Suspension
    Tree Straps

Caesar Creek

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I did the caeser creek loop last fall. They have designated backpacking sites but they are for tents( just a 40ft or so clearing) You have to give them a heads up when you park at the visitor's center. ...
    HamMike - are you talking about the 13mile south backpacking loop that starts at the visitors center? I've hiked that a number of times and wasn't aware of the tent sites. Do you have a map indicating their locations? I know there are trails in the north but I thought most of that area was for horse backriding.
    When the tempest rages, when the thunders roar, and the lightnings blaze around us it is then that the truly brave man...
    wonders why he didn't check the weather report like his wife told him to.

http://www.catholictorch.com

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    HamMike - are you talking about the 13mile south backpacking loop that starts at the visitors center? I've hiked that a number of times and wasn't aware of the tent sites. Do you have a map indicating their locations? I know there are trails in the north but I thought most of that area was for horse backriding.
    Yeah thats the one, If you call the visitors center they will give you the GPS coordinates for the designated spots. They are not much, just a cleared out spot for tents. Plenty of places to stealth.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Bumpin this up!

woot woot!.. really lookin' forward to this one, love the area down there.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Don't know yet
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Yeah thats the one, If you call the visitors center they will give you the GPS coordinates for the designated spots. They are not much, just a cleared out spot for tents. Plenty of places to stealth.
    Great...thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. This park is very close and the 13 miles is a great length for an overnight.
    When the tempest rages, when the thunders roar, and the lightnings blaze around us it is then that the truly brave man...

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Great...thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. This park is very close and the 13 miles is a great length for an overnight.
    Let me know when ya go I'd like to do it again but I don't hike very fast so...

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Don't know yet
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Let me know when ya go I'd like to do it again but I don't hike very fast so...
    I'm calling for directions tomorrow. I would expect I'll try camping on the trail sometime in April...not to long. I just got into hammock camping and don't have an UQ so I want to make sure the temps rise a bit. I will more than likely hit the trail on a Sat some time soon. If you want to join me let me know.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I'm calling for directions tomorrow. I would expect I'll try camping on the trail sometime in April...not to long. I just got into hammock camping and don't have an UQ so I want to make sure the temps rise a bit. I will more than likely hit the trail on a Sat some time soon. If you want to join me let me know.
    Yeah just shoot me a PM when you know for sure.

Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    @HamMike, Still on for the 18, 19, 20th? So far my work schedule is clear. Should take me about 3 hrs to get there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast