DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

#1 vote for a chat room

Don't get me wrong... I love this forum... but the best thing about hammocks to me is the instant gratification. (Other than the shipping time for new materials) I have fabric in the morning and I'm hanging it in the back yard at night! yeehaw! I read about a new idea and I reach into my 'hoarders box' and voila!
    That being said, I have made some purchases without the go ahead from more experienced hammockers, ie. everyone else here. (I'm the guy from American Idol whose entire town said he could sing... then Steven Tyler said, 'you suck man '). Ok im ramblin' heh.

Anyway a chat room. a chat room. a chat room.

Jerimiah Johnson is on. I bet he had a hammock made from bear skin

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    This has been brought up several times before, even recently. Unfortunately there are several drawbacks.

- Chats aren't archived and searchable like a forum is. Thus, people that aren't online when the chat happens don't benefit from the discussions.

- When multiple people are posting to a thread, the discussion flows as fast as a chat anyway.

- Chats tend to wander wildly in topic, sometimes into arguments or non-family-friendly topics that are outside of HF's focus.

The moderators have discussed it, and don't feel that any benefits outweigh the potential drawbacks. While everyone appreciates the suggestion, a chat room isn't forthcoming.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts