WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    My greatest pleasure was having the opportunity to meet Shug. Then realizing the depth of his love for hammocks and the hammock family in general precedes his every day life. I was able to speak with Shug for a minute before his act. Then he made it a point of spending time with us after his performance. Even my wife who has no interest in hammocks was enthralled with Shugs seeming indifference to anything but the way we relate if hanging in hammocks. We may never get to hang together but I love the man.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    OXSHED
    Insulation
    LeighloTQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I,too, want to add my voice to the roar of gratitude for all your contributions to our love of the outdoors. (How's the finger?)

Shug! I have watched your videos over and over again... I can't get over how awesomely (is that a word??) crazy you are!! You are the reason I am here and exploring the world of tree hanging!! Going to be hitting the Snowflake... Snowman... Snowbank and Kek trail this year. Hope I enjoy it as much as you and Wandering Fool did. Thanks again for your great videos... keep um coming!! Whoooo Buddy!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    My greatest pleasure was having the opportunity to meet Shug. Then realizing the depth of his love for hammocks and the hammock family in general precedes his every day life. I was able to speak with Shug for a minute before his act. Then he made it a point of spending time with us after his performance. Even my wife who has no interest in hammocks was enthralled with Shugs seeming indifference to anything but the way we relate if hanging in hammocks. We may never get to hang together but I love the man.
    It made my dat speaking with you both as well. Nice to have a wee hammock chat on the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelgator View Post
    I,too, want to add my voice to the roar of gratitude for all your contributions to our love of the outdoors. (How's the finger?)
    My finger is 100% healed....thanks a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjoe16 View Post
    Shug! I have watched your videos over and over again... I can't get over how awesomely (is that a word??) crazy you are!! You are the reason I am here and exploring the world of tree hanging!! Going to be hitting the Snowflake... Snowman... Snowbank and Kek trail this year. Hope I enjoy it as much as you and Wandering Fool did. Thanks again for your great videos... keep um coming!! Whoooo Buddy!
    You will love that trail. Expect to get a bit off-track from time to time! A good map is essential. I hope to go back again too.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Love your videos and your bluegrass music . I have not backpacked in over 30 years but after seeing your vids I got inspired . New here still, to hammock camping but have learned a lot quickly. Thanks, Shug

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Your videos are amazing and entertaining. Thanks!

Hammock
    Homebuilt Taffeta tablecloth
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Happy Birthday, Shug!
    Your videos have been inspirational. My tablecloths arrive tonight and I am hoping to hang on them this Evening or Friday at the latest.

Ok Shug, now I went an' done it...a new ULA OHM 2.0 arrives Monday to replace the crazy heavy MontBell pack that I bought in Japan on sale about ten years ago. Now if this all goes upsideways I'll be round your gaff and confiscating your manly lip balm. And that's a promise. :-) Yours, DrExcelsior aka Luckyswine. [P.S. the toads of the short forest say hi.]

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Had a Heart Attack in September (CHF) and while I was at the hospital, somehow I saw one of your videos while surfing YouTube...I laughed, then watched it again, then watched all of them.... I was inspired from then on. I have since learned to hang a Hammock... and how to fly fish (Tenkara Style) and I'm never going back. Love the outdoors and hammock camping in general. Started with your vids and then with this site. I appreciate all of yours and the folks at HF help and guidance. This has been the most fun hobby I have ever experienced (though its more of a lifestyle) My Doctor says you are also "the Man" for getting me out and about.

Appreciate you more than I can express,
    Shipsgunner

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rambotogo View Post
    Love your videos and your bluegrass music . I have not backpacked in over 30 years but after seeing your vids I got inspired . New here still, to hammock camping but have learned a lot quickly. Thanks, Shug
    That is awesome...yes, I typed awesome))))

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    Your videos are amazing and entertaining. Thanks!
    I'm humbled. Thankee.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisssenberg View Post
    Happy Birthday, Shug!
    Your videos have been inspirational. My tablecloths arrive tonight and I am hoping to hang on them this Evening or Friday at the latest.
    Thanks for that. I gotta try a tablecloth someday.

Quote Originally Posted by DrExcelsior View Post
    Ok Shug, now I went an' done it...a new ULA OHM 2.0 arrives Monday to replace the crazy heavy MontBell pack that I bought in Japan on sale about ten years ago. Now if this all goes upsideways I'll be round your gaff and confiscating your manly lip balm. And that's a promise. :-) Yours, DrExcelsior aka Luckyswine. [P.S. the toads of the short forest say hi.]
    No....!!! Not my lip balm. It tastes like cherry clouds)))))

Quote Originally Posted by shipsgunner View Post
    Had a Heart Attack in September (CHF) and while I was at the hospital, somehow I saw one of your videos while surfing YouTube...I laughed, then watched it again, then watched all of them.... I was inspired from then on. I have since learned to hang a Hammock... and how to fly fish (Tenkara Style) and I'm never going back. Love the outdoors and hammock camping in general. Started with your vids and then with this site. I appreciate all of yours and the folks at HF help and guidance. This has been the most fun hobby I have ever experienced (though its more of a lifestyle) My Doctor says you are also "the Man" for getting me out and about.

Appreciate you more than I can express,
    Shipsgunner
    That makes this all worthwhile. Wow. Glad your heart is getting out to the woods with you.
    Whooooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast