DD travel hammock
    Tarp
    Chinook tarp
    Insulation
    dyi UQ
    Suspension
    nylon webbing 4now

Has anyone used this hammock ?

Just wondering if anyone has used this hammock yet and or what are your opinions ..We dont have a whole lot of money but would like to get my 7 year old son one for camping /fishing this season.

Thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TRAVEL-CAMPING-HA...item3a62c4d266

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used this hammock yet and or what are your opinions ..We dont have a whole lot of money but would like to get my 7 year old son one for camping /fishing this season.

Thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TRAVEL-CAMPING-HA...item3a62c4d266
    at only 7 ft long might be good for son. at that price it might be fun to get just to try out. got a grandson on the way. tell me how it works out.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    I used a TexSport Hobo ll, I picked up for $17.00 ... so at $25.00 with a net...and for a child..I'd say go for it ... should work out great for you..I second the notion as to letting us know how it works out...

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Looks like it should work fine. Not sure about those aluminum poles to hold up the bug net. I think I would modify that so you could just support from a ridge line or something like that.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    JRB, Clark ultralight, Hennessy . .
    I bought one of those. It is short.
    Works great for kids. My daughter and her friend (both 12) tested it and a Byer Mosquito Traveller in the back yard early last fall.

Seemed to work just fine. We didn't put tarps up. the weather was nice.
    They said they both slept well.
    The hammock was pretty well made. You'll probably want to swap out the suspension, though. Mine came with pretty short straps.

Overall, I like it.

Marti

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    This looks like the '$50 Viet Nam' hammock that Neo found a couple of years ago on E-Bay and that both he and I got. His son, Logan, used it for awhile. I used mine one night, and the only reason I switched is that I was acquiring hammocks back then and had several others to try out. I like mine fine, and since I'm only 5'2" it was comfortable, from what I remember. No inside pockets and difficult to put a ridgeline in because the net is sewn into the seam that makes the pocket for the support ropes on the ends.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    It does sound good based on the description, but definitely just for kids. Take a look at the person laying in a fetal position. They completely fill the hammock.

Based on its size, it is proportianally the same price as an ENO. I would probably spend the extra $15, as I would find the ENO much more usable.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    DD travel hammock
    Tarp
    Chinook tarp
    Insulation
    dyi UQ
    Suspension
    nylon webbing 4now
    Thanks for the suggestions guys Alamosa the I was looking at the ENO too but no bug net and we have Skitters the size of airplanes here LOL I'm also looking at the bliss too but a bit pricy but still looking

• + New Posts