Tarp
    HH Hex fly
    Insulation
    Various kinds
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch

Just a presentation from a Swede.

Hi everybody.

I'm a guy from Sweden who just loves the outdoors, and the mosquitos loves me - not that happy about that last part though.

I'm quite new to the hammock camping.
    I've been camping in the woods since childhood (mostly in semi open shelters/vindshield). Either hiking or fishing.

In the summer of 2010 I bought a Hennessy Hammock (deep jungle asym) due to a backproblem and that the HH DJ has that double bottom and the reflecting pad which comes in handy most part of the year.
    I also bought the silnylon hex fly for that extra rain protection and the space underneath it. But will modify it with extra cord as many others in the middle of the sides for that extra room it gives.

I haven't had so many opportunities to test it so I've only been out with it a couple of times (for about 4 nights at a time).

I found this forum while searching youtube for different suspension techniecs and stumbled over Shugs channel.
    So a big thanks to Shug for that, many many laughs and a great deal of inspiration and tips.
    And a thank you to GrizzlyAdams "Professor Hammock" too for your videos!

I've also started some projects for the spring. An underquilt made out of the Swedish military old down sleeping bags. Found a place that sells them for about 4.50 USD (30 SEK) here in Sweden.

I've found many great sites through Shugs youtube channel but I'm sad to say that many sites are not able to deliever outside north america and in many other cases it's just to expensive with the shipping. One of the reasons to the HH was that they have a storing facility in the UK wich helps with the taxes and shipping feeds.

Right now I'm trying out the garda hitch for the suspension but I'm having som trouble getting hold of rings for climbing here in Sweden. But I will contact some climbing club shortly.

My apoligies for any misspelling and maybe some weird sentences.
    My english is some what rusty since 1988 when my family left the US (Iowa City, Iowa) after a year (Guest working dad) (I was 7 years old at the time).

Right now I'm trying to convince som friends and family to get or make hammocks so I have some one to hang with in the woods.
    Also planning to try making my own hammock. I think it's going to be a bridge hammock and a tarp too.

Hope to see some of you in real life on a trail or just plain in the woods.

That's all for me at the moment, since it 3.58 am here right now and I start working at 7am.

Over and out.

/Marcus
    Last edited by Evilkoala; 01-23-2011 at 22:06.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Shug says hey and Whoooooo Buddy!
    Get some snooze .... you got work at 7:00!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Asym + J'R'B BMBH
    Tarp
    HH Hex fly
    Insulation
    Various kinds
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Hey!

Trying to get som snooze but it's just not working. I guess I'll be a bit sleepy after work today.

From your videos and it seems that we have almost identical weather conditions right now. It's quite a bit below freezing here, been around 2-3 foot (or is it feet?) of snow (now it's 1-2 foot).
    Not all that easy to convert the measurement systems back and forth to the metric system.

Just long for the spring to come so I that I'm finished with the under quilt project and can come out in the woods on the weekends.

By the way Shug. I'm curious to why you always seem to go with the alcohol stove instead of the more weight and fuel efficient gas stove - even in the warmer seasons.
    Is it the size of the gas container?

I always have my trusty Trangia stove with the pots, coffee pot, frying pan and gas with me. Just can't seem to be without it.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilkoala View Post
    Hey!

Trying to get som snooze but it's just not working. I guess I'll be a bit sleepy after work today.

From your videos and it seems that we have almost identical weather conditions right now. It's quite a bit below freezing here, been around 2-3 foot (or is it feet?) of snow (now it's 1-2 foot).
    Not all that easy to convert the measurement systems back and forth to the metric system.

Just long for the spring to come so I that I'm finished with the under quilt project and can come out in the woods on the weekends.

By the way Shug. I'm curious to why you always seem to go with the alcohol stove instead of the more weight and fuel efficient gas stove - even in the warmer seasons.
    Is it the size of the gas container?

I always have my trusty Trangia stove with the pots, coffee pot, frying pan and gas with me. Just can't seem to be without it.
    Sweden and Minnesota are very similar in weather .......
    As to stoves .... I like the quiet and the different personalities of alcohol and wood stoves. I am in no rush in the woods!!!!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex fly
    Insulation
    Various kinds
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    And if anyone ever been thinking of maybe visit any of the nordic countries and hike. Do it! It's just so **** beutiful here in the woods.
    Extremly clean air, many places have virtualy untouched areas where you can get lost and there's not many dangerous things in these woods.
    The most dangerous things we have is the bob cat, wolf, bear and one poiseness snake species - and that isn't even that poiseness.

Rest is just mooses, elks, deers and lakes, lakes lakes lakes and woods.

I put a marker on the forums google map if anyone would be interrested in wich part of this country I live in.

And now, maybe some sleep.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex fly
    Insulation
    Various kinds
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Sweden and Minnesota are very similar in weather .......
    As to stoves .... I like the quiet and the different personalities of alcohol and wood stoves. I am in no rush in the woods!!!!
    I hear you. There's nothing dumber then rushing in the woods.

I like the alcohol stoves to, I have the alcohol burner to man trangia as well. But it's just so convenient with the gas. No spill, burns more precisly and one doesn't ignite the forest as easy.

But then again one can't just take the amount of gas you need for the trip, one always have the same container.
    And I preferre to cook my dinner over an open fire. Just so relaxing to sit there and get warm and cosy.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    EK,
    Rest, and welcome. My hammock is calling me now, too.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Welcome to the world of hammocks. We have members from all over the world.

Only one poisionous snake where you live...I did not know that.

Here in Newfoundland we have absolutely no snakes, makes for a good place to camp, hike
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Welcome Marcus!

My only Swedish connection is that I am a former owner of a 1977 Saab EMS. Still have dreams about that car.

Jim

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Denmark! Great to have another Scandinavian hanger here......
    There is even a fair and increasingly amount of swedish activity here on HF...

/Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast