Hammock
    HHED
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Nest

Greetings from LA

New to the forum and looking for advice on Hammocking. Found this site at whiteblaze.net. I'm 57, 250lbs/6'4". Fairly new to backpacking. Did 5 day/45mile section of AT this past Oct. I think I'm hooked. Was on my life's "to-to" list and think I'll keep it there. One thing I learned...among many things...is that sleeping in a Shelter is not comfortable and the tent I carried was heavy even for a bivy tent and campsites can be muddy. So I thought I'd look into hammocks. My size is my biggest concern...not to mention my aching bones. Any advice/recommendation appreciated. Thanks and cheers, shf

Images
    a double layer of 1.9 oz and 1.1 oz ripstop would work great for you, you may get away with a single layer of 1.9. another good option is a eagles nest/ticket to the moon/ hammock bliss/ treck light hammock they are all made of a heavyweight nylon taffeta that is about the strength you would need for your size. they can be used with removeable seperate bug nets for bug season. i think hammock bliss sells one.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    welcome to HF shf.
    the hammocks that WBG mentioned are great. another suggestion i'll make is to look at the speer hammocks web site. you can find a link for "hammock manufacturers" in the "articles" section on the home page.

the reason i mention them is because not only do they have heavier duty hammocks to handle larger people, but they come w/ velcro down the full length of both edges.
    this is for attaching the bug net or the sungfit under quilt... or both. great system. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    i think there is a link to all the manufacturers somewhere on this site

• + New Posts