Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    I use the clark nx250 and its great! But all hammocks are great...to a degree. The customer service at clark is above and beyond, most all post here I have read raved about the service from them. I called them 4 times before I purchased mine with question I was never rushed and no quetion was left unanswerd. I bought for the quality and customer service. The price tag stings a bit at first but after you use it and get to laugh at your father in his eno complaining about the wind and mist from rain blowing under the tarp soaking everything you just smile and softly laugh as you zip closed the weather shield. Well atleast that's me.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    I have heard that in The United Arab Emirates,
    you can get a room at a hotel for about $20,000 a night

You can get a Clark JH for as little as $239 fully furnished
    and you can spend as many nights in it as you wish . . . no extra cost.

It is all a matter of perspective . . .

Come on over . . . spend a 1001 nights at the Hammock Hilton . . . get a Clark
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    If you have ordered the Hennesy, then nevermind. On the other hand, if you are still wondering, I will throw a few more curves. The jungle hammocks, such as the claytor and DD hammock are two very good options. They do not cost very much, and can be kept warm with the same items you use for ground camping, a sleeping pad, and sleeping bag. If monetary concerns are the thing, think about the above two options, for about $165 to $175CDN, including tarp.
    Wherever you are.....there you are

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Regarding prices of HH vs CJH:

If you have never seen a CJH in the real world I will wager that you will be impressed with the sewing quality. The NX-250 I have is not a flat hammock - rather, it is 3-D and I know from my own experience that sewing such a shape is very challenging. ANd the sewing of a CJH is top-notch. That has to be a factor in the price difference.

The HH body is not as complicated. And I believe that most of them are sewn across the pond. That said, my experience with HH's customer service has always been satifying.

As has been said before, different strokes and all that.

Jim

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by BushLite View Post
    Id like to hear other peoples opinion on this matter...is it worth spending the extra money and getting the Clark or do I cheep out and get the Hennessy with a weather shield or really cheep out and stay with my coleman hooligan?

also do camping pads work with the hammocks?
    At this point, I don't know after reading all the posts here, if you've gone ahead and ordered something???

I've got both, a Clark and a HH and can say that each are very well made. The fabrics on both are a heavyer type than most of the other types of hammocks (like the blackbird or eno or treklight). This does make the hammock heavier than those other ones but I would think the material is also gonna withstand greater abuse. Anyways, that's something to think about if you decide to compair them (the Clark & HH) with any other hammocks. If you're gonna be in skeeter infestations a lot, the Clark is skeeter proof on the bottom with just one layer of material. The HH will need to be treated or you will need a second layer under you. The weathershield on the Clark is amazing. I love mine. On my HH I'll pack something (either a poncho liner or a large piece of DWR ripstop nylon) to tie over the top. The weathershield is a whole lot lighter compaired to what I have to bring extra for the HH to function the same way. I've tried a pad in both. The HH was a total nightmare. Flat out couldn't stay on the pad. The Clark was a bit easier, I think because of the way you lay end to end, there's not a whole lot of places where that pad can slip off to. I also tried my "short" pad. It didn't work in either hammock at all. For me, Under quilts are the way to go but until I made mine, I used a pad in my Clark. (pad I used was the Exped 9 reg). Which ever hammock you get, get the largest tarp they offer with it!!! I got the XL tarp with my Tropical Clark. It has kept me dry in some very horrible rain storms....but... I'm sealed up like a taco!!! My hennessy has a reg sized tarp and it flat out is a pain to seal up tight in heavy rain. Doable but a pain!! Snake skins are a must to have on the HH hammock so that you can keep it skinned while you hang out under your tarp. There is no hanging out under the Clark tarp when it's in storm mode, again, think taco!!

I have a Clark, a HH and a Blackbird. I will pick the hammock that best fits the trip I'm going on. My first hammock was the Clark, so for all my trips for a year, that was what I packed. That hammock has handled everything I've put it through. My HH is used mostly by my son on scout camping trips. It's a heavy duty hammock and I've not got any worries that it can't handle a teenager. And the Blackbird is new, I'm still trying to get my Under quilts right and doing a lot of testing with it.

One thing to remember when you do finally get whichever hammock you decide on... that's just the start!!!

TinaLouise

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Bushlite:
    I have a CJH NX-200, WBBB DL 1.7 and an ENO DN for hammocks. I use a OES MacCat Delux in SpinnUL for a tarp that has the ability to close the doors that I use with all three hammocks year round. The CJH came with the largest tarp that Clark had at the time and it gives good coverage for the hammock and allows you to cook under it. The weathershield is the best part of the hammock in my opinion. It will add warmth to the hammock in cold weather and keep you dry if a tarp decides to leak on you, I know from experience on this one. For the money, the Clark is an all around great solution to your prescribed problem, IMHO. Now that I am getting back into hiking and carrying everything on my back I have switched over to a WBBB DL 1.7 and OES tarp for 3 season use, fall/winter/spring here in Alabama. This combination is lighter and gives me greater coverage. I ordered a BBO, Black Bird Oven (nylon overcover), from Paul at Arrowhead Equipment to suppliment the BB in the winter months. This cover has performed wonderfully at keeping wind out, warmth in during this fall and winter trips I have been on. It is not water resistant like the CJH Weathershield but it will keep the moisture off of you if a heavy fog were to roll in on you. In the Summer I will switch out to my ENO DN/OES Tarp because it is smaller packed and lighter than either of my other two hammocks. I have a DIY bugnet, must have in Alabama, that I use to keep the skeeters off me during the summer.

You mention that you are going to be rough handed on the gear you will be ATVing with while you are out in the wilds of Canada. For this I recommend the CJH hammock system because of its durability and all in 1 package.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    How durable are the HH's I would be using these a lot and several days at a time maybe even for a week
    I slept in my Hennessy Exped every night for 18 months in a combat zone, and I still use it here in the States. It's not gonna stop bullets, but it is very durable.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hennessy hammocks are anything but poorly made. Their web site's photos don't do them justice. I have the Explorer Deluxe with Side Zip. The nylon oxford cloth they use on that hammock is so soft, and easy on the hand. Very comfortable to sleep in. Quality of the buyild is excellent. Only one loose thread end on the whole thing that I could find.

For warmer weather I use mac's IX UQ for insulation, and in winter months, I use a Jack's R Better Mt Washington 3 UQ. Both keep me comfy. I have replaced the stock fly with the Hennessy Silnylon Hex. If all I were to do is fair weather camping, I could have the whole set up for well under the 400 you quoted for the Clark. But, as I do like to camp in winter months as well, the extra 200.00 some odd dollars for the JRB quilt was worth it.

Images
    The reason why im not overly interested in the war bonnet is becuase i want something that has a cover over the bug screen

How durable are the HH's I would be using these a lot and several days at a time maybe even for a week
    here is an aftermarket overcover from arrowhead made for the blackbird.

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...ts/show/895179

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123