Hello from middle Tennessee!

I have been reading this forum and watching hammock videos for around 5 years now. I haven't posted anything because I frankly found answers to all my questions between here and you tube. I wanted to post something to get started on the forum officially since I finally have a question I can't find on YouTube (or here). I now own 6 hammocks and I'm trying to figure out my next one to buy since I need to sell 2 and buy 1 to replace them. I am a scoutmaster for a boy scout troop and sleep outside around 80-100 nights a year (at least). I have at least 400-500 nights in my hammocks now over the past 5 years. If I could sleep in one inside my house, I would! I do sleep outside at least 30-40 nights a year in my backyard just for fun or test gear. I even slept outside this winter when they were calling for 0 degrees and it got down to -10 according to my 2 thermometers. I was warm and toasty with a Jack's R Better UQ layered with a Hammock Gear UQ and 2 sleeping bags on top. I couldn't believe how incredibly hot I was when I woke up! I accidentally try to sell hammocks to anyone that will listen and try to convert them since they changed my life so much. My first question is how do wash your hammock? Mine all smell very strange but they all smell the same. I have smelled other people's hammocks and they don't smell like mine, so I don't know what's up. Any ideas?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You can wash it in the bathtub. Or take all the suspension off and wash is gentle in the washer. Dry it air dry or hang it. It is just fabric.
    Enjoy your hammock quest.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts