Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow, i'm not very talkative first thing in the morning before my coffee.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba Silnylon
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps
    Great Video Buenos!

However, interviews first thing in the morning may not be the best idea. I vaguely recall most of that conversation. Still, though, had a great time and it's nice to have a video documentary of the events and the people. Great work.

~Mindwalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    cuben fiber
    Insulation
    down goodies
    Suspension
    The Force
    Images
    love that vid. the part where your at my tarp with all the beer bottles and im snoring was great! That winter mamba was very warm and the beer helped too.

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Wow, looks like it was a nice trip in the mountains!
    Video productions were great.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Wow, i'm not very talkative first thing in the morning before my coffee.
    It was entertaining for me to watch all the non-morning people struggle around for their coffee. I will for sure next time bring some around to those I interview that early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalk View Post
    Great Video Buenos!

However, interviews first thing in the morning may not be the best idea. I vaguely recall most of that conversation. Still, though, had a great time and it's nice to have a video documentary of the events and the people. Great work.

~Mindwalk
    See above. The morning roving was the only way for sure I'd get people with their hammocks. It was such a short hang. There was no other good time to get you guys' sleepy thoughts on your rigs. Sleepy talk is always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tonejones View Post
    love that vid. the part where your at my tarp with all the beer bottles and im snoring was great! That winter mamba was very warm and the beer helped too.
    There was quite the chorus of snores during the night. I was glad everyone got such good sleep. You were the only one left sleeping, I just couldn't resist!
    Jose Diaz

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Yay! Great video! Looks like you all had a blast!
    I am SOOOO bummed I missed it and meeting you all. Can't wait for another opportunity. The location looks like its perfect for test runs, too!

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand
    I sure enjoyed the videos. The reflective heating shelter was exciting info. It is fun to enjoy the deep cold camping vicariously through the reports and photos.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    OK so I am finally getting around to telling things form "my perspective"

First thanks so much Buenos for putting this event on, it was wonderful.

I arrived at the TH around 3:30 on Friday and hiked in to the aspen grove, enjoying the views the whole way in. After picking the site I wanted and getting set up, I knew I had time to kill and that others would not be here till later that night. I walked down the canyon a bit to do some exploring. I felt very small with its steep rugged yet fuzzy walls around me. The stream flowing cold and lethargic trying to escape the capture of the snow and ice covered banks. After about an hour or so I headed back to make some dinner. Beef stew with some hot cocoa.

Then I hiked back to my truck to see If there were any cars in the parking lot to make sure I was in the correct spot. Nope just mine...k well at least I know I am the only one out here and must be in the right spot. I then mad a "HF" marker at a split in the trail (did anybody get pics of that) to let others know "hey its this way." and hiked back down the trail.

Fiddled with my UQ and tarp a bit more, but just couldn't get the UQ right...I knew in a little while someone would come along and rescue this never before winter hung newb that was spending only his 2nd night in a hammock to begin with, from being yet another victim of CBS.

I watched the sun set had some worship and then played around with my gear and just sat in my hammock and stared at the stars that were piercing the clear night sky. Off in the distance I could see the lights of Ellensburg. Its warmth was calling me to into town to hang out with one of my Subaru buddies, but no I am committed to the cause

Around 7:15 I knew ToneJones would be coming up the trail so I set up my JRB lantern and put it on flash so he could see where "we" were staying. And sure enough by 7:30 as predicted (by him) I saw a headlamp coming down the trail. "ToneJones" I yell out.....WHOOBUDDIE I get in reply. I get out of my hammock and go and great him. He gets set up and of course promptly I am oogling all over his set up and gear. Once he is done I then ask for help with mine and he graciously obliges. "there try that" "aha that was what I was doing wrong, thanks man." Soon Buneos and Lars were heading up the trail as well.

We watched them set up there stuff and chatted for about another hour or so standing in a circle but no fire to warm our conversation with. So I think it was a unanimous and simultaneous decision on Lars and I part that it was time for bed...our feet were cold

Sat morn was beautiful and about the time I was eating breakfast and having coffee more hangers were coming in. By noon we had 11 hangers and 2 ground dwellers...soon to be converted After that there was much fire, drink, food, and conversation until about 1:30 am when ToneJones and I put the fire out so it wouldn't burn down the snow in Buenos's back yard

All in all I was glad to be a part of it, to meet fellow hangers, and to make new friends. I can't wait to go on the next outing with you all and am already planning what and how I am going to do next years winter hang....Its gonna be a surprise Thanks so much for the wonderful memories.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    very cool preview ... Great job
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Coffee ..... get me coffee if you awaken me!!!!!! Nice to see you fellers from the West out in the snowy piney crackin' woods.

Not sure if it was just me but the audio was not synched up when I watched. You can fix that by detaching your audio from clips if using iMovie '11. Hope they fix that bug ... it is the only downside of the program.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast