Blue Mammoth Ultra
    Tarp
    Blue Mammoth Cave
    Insulation
    Mammoth Belly
    Suspension
    Mammoth Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by AA1PR View Post
    I got the SS or 4 season insulation system and have to say Caveat emptor.

I find it totally worthless

I called HH to complain and they did not seem to even care.
    A little explanation here would be nice. Just a blanket statement of its "worthlessness" is not helpful at all. Obviously there are quite a few people on here that have had great success with the SS just as it is advertised.

So, why? What was the problem? What else were you using for insulation? Top quilt? Sleeping bag? Blanket? Did you have problems installing it? Give us something and maybe we can help you out. If you have a legitimate review, post it. That's what this thread is all about. Honest, helpful opinions.

This forum is full of super nice, super helpful people.

So, no offense intended. Im just trying to set the proper expectations of how this forum works. If you have a valid review or if you are looking for help then you are in the right place.

But if you are just looking for a place to drop hateful comments with no substantiation, then caveat scriptor, there's no place for that here.
    Roll the bones_00

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I think with anything new there is a trial and error period. but ive found great comfort in my SS
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Images
    I notice that AA1PR's post (in Feb) shows a location of "Vermont Mountains". That might mean it was being tested at temps way colder the basic SS's rating. Maybe using it even way below zero? I know some folks have managed to use it way colder than the ~ 30s at which I have used the non-augmented SS, and I am impressed when I see their results. In fact, I am impressed once again just reading back through this thread and seeing some of the results even new(to HHSS) folks have been getting. Still, I don't think TH claims anything much more than about 30 for 1 pad, Uc and space blanket, more or less. Which I still think is just fine for the weight and price, considering full length and extra wind/water protection included. But remember, even when kwpapke did his famous minus 27 test with Shug, he was NOT using just the basic 1 pad system. But he was taking advantage of a great SS benefit, the ability to easily augment when needed. He had plenty in the UC under the HH pad. Still, he was plenty warm at minus 27 so it can be done with a little thinking and planning.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123