I've been a lurker for a while now with 1 post around Christmas. I guessed that it was time to make a formal introduction. I'm a new hanger, purchased a HH Expedition to get my son a HH scout for Christmas. As a scout leader I have run across several leaders and scouts that have converted from tents to hammocks. I was first introduced to hammocks during a LnT trainer weekend but didn't put much interest into at the time. During a camporee I got talking to another leader, who had a ENO, about hanging and decided that it was time to look into getting one. When I mentioned it to my son he got excited and wanted to get one right then.

I found this forum after I placed the order with Hennessy and before the order arrived. It was agony reading about everyone's experience knowing that it was a Christmas present for me and my son. When I read about the whoopie sling I decided that was going to be my first mod to the hammock. I found some 3/16 Amsteel and bought some just to play with and create a whoopie. This went on a cheap hammock my son bought at summer camp a few years ago because the rope had started to fray.

I finally got a chance to hang in the back yard and it was great. Now I'm looking for the next opportunity to go camping. Not equipped yet for a cold weather hang but may give it a try in the back yard soon anyway.

Thanks for everyone's posts as it inspired me to move off the ground.

Lewis