Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    I wouldn't mind heading south a time or two. We are just beginning to explore real Florida. We aren't hikers though, we prefer to kayak/camp.
    Hey Islander, do you think a chickee in the everglades could support a couple of hammocks? I've been wanting to make a trip down there and maybe paddle around Hells Bay for a day or two but I'm not going if I can't hang.
    I've had the same thoughts getting farther south. I believe they will support a number of hammocks there.
    I have a large tiki-hut in my backyard - canal access. Similar I believe to supporting a few hammock easily. Take a look in my photo albums to see same.

I believe the chickee's are reservation-permit only too. I enjoy kayak camping allot. Load up and gets you way out, with most of the luxuries with you.

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    I don't think I've stated my intentions, but I'll be there Friday afternoon and stay two nights.

I'm working on a new underquilt and will need help with rigging it, as I have no experience.

I've been reading but haven't come across chipping in for expenses and or what is community and what is individual food responsibilities yet. A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

My specialty is banana pudding.
    grinder

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I don't think I've stated my intentions, but I'll be there Friday afternoon and stay two nights.

I'm working on a new underquilt and will need help with rigging it, as I have no experience.

I've been reading but haven't come across chipping in for expenses and or what is community and what is individual food responsibilities yet. A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

There will be plenty of help there to rig your underquilt - we all love to play with gear!

Send a PM to Islander about contributing - he is our official Treasurer!

And, I love b'pudding!!!!

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post

1st - I love Banana Pudding... had to get that out there right away!

2nd - I don't believe we have anything decided for community food - individual food responsibilities worked out yet.

The only thing SET is Saturday evening we are feeding everbody with a Low Country Shrimp Boil similar to this one:

The Shrimp Boil consists of Peel & Eat Shrimp, Polish Sausage, corn-on-cob, Potatoes. All seasoned and flavorful good!
    We'll have plenty of condiments, sauces, paper plates, plastic utensils, paper towels, etc.
    We could use a few volunteers for desserts, or anything else people might want. A few members expressed they cannot eat shellfish and I'm unsure how to handle that. If someone not eating Shrimp can bring along an alternative dish, that would be great. I'll settle up for the cost of the meal with you.

Our intent, Flackfizer, Ed Hess, Damifino, and myself is to FEED EVERYONE Saturday evening, our treat.

Friday evening & Sunday evening meals... Lets start working those details out so we all know what to expect.

PM sent to Grinder also...

Annual Florida Hang weekend is coming up fast! I know its going to be a blast

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    FF
    Insulation
    lost river
    Suspension
    whoopies
    We will have cash donations for the event when we arrive Fri.
    Dang this snuck up quick.

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    FF
    Insulation
    lost river
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    I wouldn't mind heading south a time or two. We are just beginning to explore real Florida. We aren't hikers though, we prefer to kayak/camp.

Hey Islander, do you think a chickee in the everglades could support a couple of hammocks? I've been wanting to make a trip down there and maybe paddle around Hells Bay for a day or two but I'm not going if I can't hang.

I have seen pics of hammocks hanging from the chickees and that is actually one of the trips that me and a few friends have on the drawing boards.
    It is like any other structure that is out in the elements, you will have to make the final call when you are looking at it.

There are also alot of nice beaches with palms that can be hung from in different areas in the glades. Not sure I would hang above any water though

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I am planning to make a community Chicken and Sausage Gumbo either Friday or Saturday if folks are interested interested. My gift to all you great folks! I know there are some who are allergic to shellfish and this could be an alternative to that or it might make a great meal that first night. I guess the easiest way to do this is send me a PM if you want to eat gumbo along with the days you plan to camp, so I can get an idea of how many people I can expect to feed and the best time to cook.

Sunny's Trike is a the top of my list as he has generously agreed to provide the pot and propane.

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    pabu, I will have my garmin along as well. Geocaching from Buck Lake sounds great. A little hiking and searching. There are also a number of finds on the FT not a far drive from Buck Lake in the direction of Alex Springs. Someone has them spaced about every 1/4 mile in fact. I'll drop you a PM with other details.

edhess

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    terri. Not sure if you are using a turkey fryer for the gumbo or not, but if your fryer is available for Saturday nite, it would be great to help cook up all the shrimp and fixings. Two pots bubbling with shrimp gets everyone fed faster. Count me in for your gumbo!! My mouth is watering already. If you need any help for ingredients, let me know.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    It's not my turkey fryer. It belongs to Sunny's Trike. You'd have to ask him.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast