Claytor
    Tarp
    claytor
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    straps with cinch

Any one have Tom's 3x4 rain fly?

I am curious how you like it, does it give more than enough coverage in BIG rain and snow storms?
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkman View Post
    I am curious how you like it, does it give more than enough coverage in BIG rain and snow storms?
    I don't have the answer to your question, but the standard tarp (3x4 diamond instead of 3x4 rectangle) was sufficient for a BIG rain the first time I used it.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    claytor
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    straps with cinch
    Tahnks nogods! 8^)
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Images
    Are you asking about the stock tarp that comes with the Hennessy hammocks? I'm not sure which tarp is only 3 ft by 4 ft? My stock HH Explorer tarp is 11' 5" along the ridge-line, pitched as a diamond, of course.

3 yards by 4 yards( 9x12 FEET), maybe? Tom's BIG hex tarp would be about that size, and it sure gives a lot of coverage. The small stock tarp, used as directed attached to the hammock ropes, gives adequate coverage in big rains, but tends to be loose and flaps a lot once you get in the hammock. Then when the hammock sags, the tarp sags with it and is loose, even if you started with a really tight pitch. Many tricks are required to mostly overcome this problem. This same tarp, if tied to trees, can be pitched nice and tight and will stay that way once you get in. But if you get any hammock sag at all, as I usually do, you will be way below the tarp ridge-line and hanging out in any rain that is other than straight down with no wind. IMO

Tom's large hex fly can be tied to the trees and still provide plenty of coverage, and gives a lot of additional "living" space when you are not in the hammock. Especially the sil nylon model. It has a 12 foot ridge-line without the need for a "diamond" pitch and is very wide also. Of course, it cost's a lot more and is heavier. Your choice.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 12-22-2007 at 11:56.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    claytor
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    straps with cinch
    Billybob58.....Nope... I was asking about Tom Claytor's 3x4 tarp he is now selling.... I was just wondering if any one had it and how it worked for them.... It is designed for Tom's hammocks and it looks like it would be more than enough coverage for any type of weather. ...Thanks !!!
    Last edited by Kirkman; 12-22-2007 at 13:16.

Images
    Billybob58.....Nope... I was asking about Tom Claytor's 3x4 tarp he is now selling.... I was just wondering if any one had it and how it worked for them.... It is designed for Tom's hammocks and it looks like it would be more than enough coverage for any type of weather. ...Thanks !!!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see. THAT Tom!

But, is it really only 3x4 ft? Never mind, I went to the site and I see it is indeed 3x4 meters! So that's pretty big!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Jasone....that thing will be big enough to fit half of West Elmira under it. And of course, I'd appreciate it immensely if you would order one first so I could check it out. Hey....what are friends for?

Your pal, Miguelito

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    claytor
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    straps with cinch
    Hey Miguel!......That is what I want enough room tho set up my wide screen TV....LOL.....I don't know if I will have it by the time you get back. You know that chrismass thing, has taken all my cash.....Darn kids!......But I should have one by Feb/March.

Your pardner in crime, Jasone

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    3x4m. RAIN FLY
    Design: Larger 3 meter x 4 meter Olive Green 100% waterproof Ripstop 210T Nylon Polyurethane coated Rain Fly. This is designed for very rainy conditions where you need extra cover for your hammock and for some storage space below. Reinforced attach points on the 4 corners and in between and under (for mosquito netting). This Rain Fly designed for the Foreign Legion in South America. Color: Olive Green. Stuff Sack: Blue. Dimensions: Rectangle shape - 300cm wide x 400 long (9' 9" wide x 13' long). Weight: 1.0kg. (2lb.) MORE PICTURES SOON.
    COST: US$60 (more than one: US$50).
    SHIPPING: WORLDWIDE FREE.

this is not 3 x 4 ft,metric cm measurements neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    claytor
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    straps with cinch
    Thanks neo....Do you have one?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast