Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    The most important thing I can think of is stove jack placement because it needs to be in a taught area, like close to a corner so the pipe doesnt flap with wind. But also far enough away so you don't swing into stove pipe.

I was thinking of making the superfly style with doors design but just make the walls come out further away from you and have guy outs on top middle and bottoms of walls. Obviously make bigger doors too. I believe that would anchor a stove jack somewhere safe. Needless to say this is not going to be ultra light weight.
    Last edited by Brums; 11-24-2010 at 07:54.

i think i would put it at my foot end in the corner. the side pull outs on the superfly make a nice open area. when it set wide it will work. im thinking with my hh in snake skins it would be nice. the ti cylinder vortex onlt burns an hour or so tops. so im thinking it wont be burning all night when im sleeping just inn the am and pm befor bed.

or here is an idea, i put the superfly in porch mode and make a side wall attachment out of silnylon with velcroon the top. it would have to wrap around the side to make the doors work

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogg Tyed View Post
    For car camping even full canvas would be worth it for the heat in winter time. I have considered a canvas a frame and just set it up over the hammock lol.
    Ask, and ye shall receive:

http://beckelcanvas.com/products_view.php?products_id=1

You stretch it from two trees, just like a tarp. Note the picture with the stove jack.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Sweet! Blackout, you're getting me very interested in a superfly now! Since you already have cylinder stove you obviously know tigoat sells a stove jack with rain flap. I had one on a mega light and it was very classy.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season
    Insulation
    Ember
    Suspension
    Slap straps
    When I was in the army we had a GP-Small that we setup with a stove that ran on MOGAS. The GP-Med ones had a pot-belly stove that ran on diesel (very smelly but kept the German cold out).

I am kind of with the others in that I would not put something like that in a tent unless it was made of canvas. The reason the Military still issues clothing mostly made of natural fibers is due to fire base weapons and burns so synthetic does not burn onto the skin.

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    Hey gang,

Google "canvas outfitter tents" and you should find a plethora of information. These are used in Southern Africa a lot and many hunting outfitters still use them out West and in the Canadian backcountry. I am going to Swaziland in southern Africa next year and will bring back some pictures if you like. The main thing some of the outfitters have told me is that the heavy duty canvas tarp is necessary because of the heat. Someone mentioned the insert that surrounds the stove pipe too. You can find the tents and inserts at Cabelas too.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
    Macgyver

i saw the canvas tarps and they look nice and have room for alot of people. i might get one next winter for the heck of it
    one down side is weight for backpacking but if i were to make one with silnylon i could make one under 10 pounds and safe. i saw turks hammock hut

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Carefully reading Turk's adventures w/ a heated tent would be a good thing.
    He learned & shared some valuable lessons there. One that comes to mind is when the strong winds blew his stove pipe off the top of the tent because he didn't take time to guy wire it out. Fortunately he didn't loose his tent, or worse.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

i have a few friends who dont hang, its nice that a few people can sleep on the floor and a 2 hammockers can hang and with snake skins its a party tents
    with hammock camping im alone but what made me love camping was everyone together sharing a tent telling stories n laughing all night
    a nice stove tent can do that cuz there is no way im sleep on the floor

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12