Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Okay- who has fallen out?

Was getting up to water the lawn late one night recently and while getting out of the hammock had a comical semi- face-plant with the earth. I actually laughed. But, there was a momentary moment of terror.
    Admit it- Who has bit the dust?
    It's those almost flips when adjusting that crack me up. Kinda like butt surfing a bit.
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

Images
    i got my hand up.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    My only fall out of the hammock was after two 40's of Old English 800 and I pretty much face planted. Now I limit my hammock drinking to only one 40.
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by earplug94 View Post
    Was getting up to water the lawn late one night recently and while getting out of the hammock had a comical semi- face-plant with the earth. I actually laughed. But, there was a momentary moment of terror.
    Admit it- Who has bit the dust?
    It's those almost flips when adjusting that crack me up. Kinda like butt surfing a bit.
    In years past there have been at least a couple of times that I have flipped and fallen out of a backyard hammock with spreader bar. It wasn't always my fault though. Usually it involved more than one person and horse play.

I have not yet fallen out of a hammock used for camping though. To me the larger size and increased sag with no spreader makes it pretty hard to even think about falling out of a hammock I would take to the woods.

(For highly unstable balance impaired situations, the bug net zipped on many models is an extra safety measure.)

I think that I know what I'm doing wrong. I need to stop trying to stand up and step down. Phewwwww.
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    <<<many times including rolling down a hill in the early AM
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

I got in my WBBB this weekend and after getting the sleeping bag all fixed and right I rolled over to zip the WBBB up and rolled right out the zipper.

"Rolling down a hill". For some reason, that is really cracking me up. Hope you were and are okay- of course. I just imagine waking up at 3:00 am and hearing my friend cascading down a hill cussing as his voice slowly fades. Wow. Talk about a nightmare to have to live.
    my quote.

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    I missed once after a "nightly trip" to the toilet - trying to get back into the hammock, i was sure it was the hammockbody but apparently it was the UQ..... SLAM! i crashed backwards into my desk with my neck, ending up on the floor half pinned to my desk - half hanging in the hammock(with my legs) and totally cursing..... i learned a valuable lesson: make sure its the hammock you sit down in

/Bomber
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    DIY Pertex
    Tarp
    DIY with doors on
    Insulation
    Down and synthetic
    Suspension
    Whoopies &amp; hooks
    I've fallen a few times.

Most of them involve alcohol, but one was when my air mat had too much air in it and made it unstable, it flipped me into the bug net. I'm glad my bug netting is strong.

When I was younger, I fell out into stinging nettles.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast