Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    nice! although i think if you had a windscreeen that ran a little ways up the side of your pot you may find your boil times a little faster and use less fuel. in theory it uses all those flames that are currently going up the side of your pot and off into the air...

no testing this weekend for you though. you've gotta get ready for auburn right?

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    + 1 on all of the above.

I found that making my own stoves has been fun and helpful in learning more about how alcohol burns. (read anything you like into that)

My preference now as has been stated above is wood burning with an alcohol back up.

I have the caldera cone system and love it. The only problem is that mine is for a an Evernew pot that is larger than I really want to carry when going solo.

I also really like the Super Stove that Zelph makes. It is a one piece so no pot stand is necessary. It is also a wick based stove that does not cause a forest fire when accidentally knocked over while lit. (yes, the voice of experience) I use this as my go to stove now when not using a wood burner.

Among the simpler to build stoves that I've played with that also work well is the Jim Wood's SuperCat and the UniCan stove. (The UniCan video is slightly different than the one I have made but the concept is consistent.)

Either can be made in short amount of time and there is value in having that "stove building ability" in your knowledge base no matter what direction you choose to go.

Have fun burning stuff.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Let's move this discussion to the Camp Kitchen forum. That's where the stove discussions are. I think the OP got enough info to go on for a while.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12