Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers

Pacific Crest Trail Days Fri.,Aug. 27th - Sun.Aug.29th, 2010

Howdy folks, I know this is pretty last minute but Pacific Crest Trail Days is this weekend at Cascade Locks, Oregon.

Ill be out there volunteering ad it would great if some fellow HF people showed up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific Crest Trail Days

Fri.,Aug. 27th - Sun.Aug.29th, 2010

Friday, August 27th, 12 - 8 pm
    Please join us for a great cause in a beautiful setting at the 4th annual “Pacific Crest Trail Days,” located on Thunder Island in Cascade Locks, Oregon. PCT DAYS is a fundraiser event that was created to protect the future of the PCT, generate trail awareness, encourage PCTA membership, and serve as a recreational outing for outdoor enthusiasts. Activities include outdoor gear demonstrations, a great gear raffle, lots of free goodies, music, an outdoor photography slide show, and a screening of a PCT documentary. Although these activities take place on Saturday, August 28th, people are welcome to arrive at 12 p.m. on Friday to enjoy a vast network of hiking & biking trails or to relax in town. If you are into learning more about the PCT, outdoor gear, or just want to relax in the Columbia River Gorge, Cascade Locks is the place to be this weekend!

Saturday, August 28th, 9 am - 10 pm
    9 am - 2/3 pm: Work Party! You use it, you love it, now dig it! Join a PCTA work party to dig in the dirt alongside other great folks, and protect the trail from erosion. No experience necessary, all equipment & training is provided. To participate, contact work party leader Dana Berthold at least 2 weeks before event at [email protected] or call 541.844.9133. 11 am - 4:30 pm: Gear demonstrations! Come check out some of the latest innovations in outdoor gear. 4:30 pm: Gear Raffle! Don’t miss out on your chance to win some great gear! Raffle tickets are only $2.00 each for 1 to 5 tickets and $1.00 for each ticket thereafter. All proceeds go to the PCTA. 8:30 pm: Slide Show by Portland-based photographer & event coordinator, Jason Waicunas. 9:00 pm: PCT Documentary / Movie (To be announced!)

Sunday, August 29th, 9 am - 4 pm
    Although it’s the last day, participants are welcome to continue enjoying the splendors of the Columbia River Gorge until 4 p.m. Take the morning to have breakfast in town, visit with friends, or plan your next outing on the PCT. Help us adhere to Leave No Trace ethics.....pack out what you pack in. Please join us next year!

Event Details
    A minimum donation of only $15.00 is suggested to attend the event for all 3 days or $10.00 for those whoattend for 2 days. Volunteers and 2010 thru-hikers may attend for free! This includes space for camping, a free ticket for the gear raffle, and participating in all PCT DAYS activities. Raffle ticket sales and donations will be donated to the Pacific Crest Trail Association to help protect the future of the PCT. For those arriving in RV’s or campers, sites are available at the Marine Park for $25.00 (w/hookups), $15.00 (w/o hookups) and reservations are encouraged by calling the Port at 541.374.8619. There are several options for lodging and restaurants, as well as a grocery store, located just a short walk from the event site. Cascade Locks is only 43 miles east of Portland and is located just off I-84. From I-84 east or west, take the Cascade Locks exit for access to Thunder Island & Marine Park, located just off of WaNaPa (Main) St. If you wish to volunteer or learn more about the event, please email Jason, the event coordinator at: [email protected].
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    HH Exp A-Sym
    Tarp
    HH 70D "HEX" PU
    Gosh darn it! I swore last year I wouldn't forget and here it is a couple days before and I forgot and have no money... I live in Eugene so it's not a huge stretch to get up there but there is always next year ;(

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Gosh darn it! I swore last year I wouldn't forget and here it is a couple days before and I forgot and have no money... I live in Eugene so it's not a huge stretch to get up there but there is always next year ;(
    Dude if you show up you can just lend a hand with things and it will be free.
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

• + New Posts