WBBB 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    Baby Orca, Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing

Preventing tangled lines

How do you store your tarp ridge lines or hammock webbing to prevent tangles and help speed up deployment?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    For my tarp ridgeline I hank it by looping it in figure 8's around my thumb and pinky then an elastic to keep it together. For my webbing I fold it over back and forth accordion style in my hand and then use an elastic to keep it together or I just stuff it in the stuff sac with the hammock. Don't seem to get tangles doing these methods.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Well first, you need to find a live chicken, bat droppings, the right eye of a bullfrong, and a piece of the line you're using for tarp lines.

Wrapping them around my fingers in a fig 8 then wrapping the lose end around the mass of line usually does the trick. Still, it's thin line so it's gonna tangle every now and again. I use BishopBags for my hammocks. I leave the webbing outside the bag and wrap it around. Keeps it from tangling, but mostly it keeps wet straps away from my hammock.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl Coyote Brown
    Tarp
    Superfly, MacCat
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3UQ,Yeti
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I just wrap the webbing around the outside of the bag. It never tangles. For my tarp line, I use Zing-It, so it's pretty good about not tangling. But, like others have mentioned, I spread my fingers Vulcan style and figure-eight the line around my fingers. I bought a pack of quarter-sized elastic hair scrunchies from the dollar store. It came with about twenty. I larks-headed one to each corner of my tarp. When I store my tarp, I figure eight the tie-out lines, wrap the tag end around the bundle several times, then put it in the scrunchie and roll it up on each corner. That keeps the tie-out lines nice and neat , and if it is raining, I'll bundle the excess line up the same way when the tarp is hung.

BTW, I didn't mention how I undo the line, and I think that is important. With figure-eighted line, I find it is best to simply toss it or drop it after unwrapping the tag end. It seems to naturally unwind properly. If I try to fiddle with it too much, it tends to knot up on me.

Salty

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Been wrapping my tarp lines around the end of my tarp at the ridgeline attachment ... I double the tarp bit over the figure 9 and then just do a speed wrap from the inside to out. I like it that way .... comes of with no tangles and I wrap warp speed.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    For elastic "scrunchies" you can use Nacrabiners made with 3/32" bungee cord. I keep them permanently attached to the free ends of suspension whoopie slings so they're right at hand (literally) as I finish doing the figure-8 wind on my fingers. They're easier to wrap around the cord and fasten than a closed loop elastic.

• + New Posts