Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Thanks coolkayaker! When they shipped yours they must have seen what it really cost and changed it. I see ****'s Sporting Goods sell them and we have one not too far away. If no luck there will try Amazon. Actually have some good trees in the back 40 but wanted something for up close to the house that is portable.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I see that now; they must have changed it!

amazon.com $150 and free shipping. Check it out. Great stand.

Here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Byer-Maine-Mod...2009363&sr=8-1

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Thanks for the input, stroik

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBait View Post
    Thanks coolkayaker! When they shipped yours they must have seen what it really cost and changed it. I see ****'s Sporting Goods sell them and we have one not too far away. If no luck there will try Amazon. Actually have some good trees in the back 40 but wanted something for up close to the house that is portable.
    I sincerely don;t think you'll find it at ****'s Sports. I have a hugemongous Dicks Sports here in western Chicagoland--the three -story kind with a climbing wall--and they do not have it. Nor does the small Dicks Sports elsewhere in IL; I checked. So it's only ****'s online, unless your store is different.

Smoke, don;t forget one CRUCIAL thing. Dicks Sports, even if you could find it, charges SALES TAX (even if you order Dicks online). Amazon, thank you, does NOT! Significant factor for a $150 purchase. ;-o

Yeah, even with trees, this would be nice closer to the house. Or indoors in the winter. Can't you see yourself swinging from your Warbonnet in your family room all winter, underquilt on, watching 2.5 Men reruns with the thermostat set to "off". Stick it to "the man", get off the power grid, you know, that sort of thing. :-)

My wife seems to be okay with it--not great with it, just okay--being out of the living room and in my front room/office.

Pretty funny about Fogdog, as you mention, the light bulb went on after they got reamed on UPS'ing that jumbo 60 lb box to my house. I had no fogdog promo code or anything--I think they just wised up. Amazon will, too, soon, so beware.

That's great info, stoik. Thank you.

Geez, you'd think I work for Byer of Maine from this thread, but it's just a cool thing that answered my personal issue of treeless yard and no hook to hang up inside.

Sandykayak, hi! From fellow kayaker coolkayaker1! My wife's a scrapbooker, and I'm a writer (by hobby)!

P.S. BillyBob is right, don't get the extension. Your WBBB and whoopies should works fine without it.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 08-16-2010 at 22:09.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBait View Post
    coolkayaker1, did you have a promotional code or something to get free shipping? I went to fogdog.com and they wanted $34.33 to ship the thing. even more from Byer direct. Was just wondering. Not that my wife would let me put it in the living room or anything
    Well that is exactly the purpose served by Wifey's out of town trips to visit this one and that one, where hubby thinks he will just stay home to save on air fare or whatever. ( speaking from personal experience, more than once, with some more coming up soon! )

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    "where hubby thinks he will just stay home to save on air fare or whatever"--BB

Ha ha, good idea, BB. Wife no sooner gets on jet airliner than BillyBob is dragging that Vario into the kitchen within swing reach of the Budweiser and ham sandwich filled fridge! I can see it now, friend.

Hammock
    NX-250 & WBBB 1.7 dl
    Hammocks dot com has a similar product for $99 shipped.
    http://www.hammocks.com/hammock-stan...mmockstand.cfm

Images
    "where hubby thinks he will just stay home to save on air fare or whatever"--BB

Ha ha, good idea, BB. Wife no sooner gets on jet airliner than BillyBob is dragging that Vario into the kitchen within swing reach of the Budweiser and ham sandwich filled fridge! I can see it now, friend.
    You have nailed it exactly, CK1! Just add remote, and your done!

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    CK1, about spewed my lemonade over envisioning the indoor scenario you posed

I only thought of ****'s as my hiking buddy, BurningCedar, found one there. Worth a look/see as I drive right by there. If not, Amazon! And I'll save the 7.9% sales tax Thanks!

I sincerely don;t think you'll find it at ****'s Sports. I have a hugemongous Dicks Sports here in western Chicagoland--the three -story kind with a climbing wall--and they do not have it. Nor does the small Dicks Sports elsewhere in IL; I checked. So it's only ****'s online, unless your store is different.

Smoke, don;t forget one CRUCIAL thing. Dicks Sports, even if you could find it, charges SALES TAX (even if you order Dicks online). Amazon, thank you, does NOT! Significant factor for a $150 purchase. ;-o

Yeah, even with trees, this would be nice closer to the house. Or indoors in the winter. Can't you see yourself swinging from your Warbonnet in your family room all winter, underquilt on, watching 2.5 Men reruns with the thermostat set to "off". Stick it to "the man", get off the power grid, you know, that sort of thing. :-).

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Wow, that's amazingly similar

Quote Originally Posted by zim65 View Post
    Zim65, good find. $99 with free shipping. Made by a company name Dubose Industries. Hmm. I gotta say, the photos look just like the Byer of Maine Stand. You're right. But clearly it's not the same product, as it goes to 14 feet (the Byer only does with extension, sold separately) and weighs more at 69 lbs., and comes in colors. Hmmm. Funny, the ad that you linked describes it with some specs in top part that are different slightly than those in the bottom. This could either be a great bargain, or a complete hose job; all depends on what shows up at the doorstep, I suppose. Who's going to take the plunge and get one and post photos; the rest of us will either be in awe, with sparkles in our eyes looking at the great deal and hammock stand...or laughing so loud the milk comes out of our noses (or Budweiser, in the case of BillyBob and I).

Maybe Smokebait will guinea-pig this Dubose Stand for us.

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zim65 View Post
    I get a little leary with some of those sites that seem to have everything at considerable less cost than most other sites. Contacting them can sometimes be quite difficult. I first ordered my stand from a similar site. They promptly hit my card for the amount and then never shipped. I had trouble getting back to them. Through some research I located another number and called. It was just a company that the transaction passed through and they had no valuable info on the company. Eventually I had to file a claim with VISA and got my money back a few weeks later.

Buyer Beware!
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    NX-250 & WBBB 1.7 dl
    Mine came today. I'm more than pleased with the quality. I'm 290 pounds been hanging in it all afternoon. Just a guess but I think this might be made in the same factory in China as the Byer. I could take pictures in the morning if that would help.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast