Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The Equip was my first hammock. For the price it is hard to beat. It is also a good "gateway hammock" for getting your friends interested in hanging. Cheap, durable, easy to set up, and readily available.

I'm about 300lbs, never had any problems with the weight capacity, seems strong and durable as ever. I did swap the stock suspension for amsteel whoopies, as the rope they used was pretty bulky and heavy.

As an aside, I don't know what they hell they made this thing out of, but I tried to dye it with RIT dye, and followed all of RITs instructions for dying synthetics (nylon etc) but the **** thing didn't change shade in the slightest, not even the stitching. I was going for a dark brown, but the only thing on it that changed color was the white silk screen lettering on the stuff sack, which is now very slightly off-white.

Equip Color Me Hammock

Okay, my local Wal-Mart has these for $15. It's not much but don't want to throw away money.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equip-Col...tric/443226960

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    I think the mosquito hammock is a better buy for a little more money. The zippers are weak and you have to switch the net lines with elastic to make it a quick easy setup. My net lines go to the tree strap loop at the tree.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    These Equip hammock products are actually much improved (lighter and more comfortable) since they revamped the line in the last year and went to nylon hammock bodies instead of 190T polyester; however; IMHO the money is still better spent on a netless cottage vendor hammock, save for buyers who are in a pinch timewise or who want to test the waters of hammock hanging for the absolute lowest initial investment.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Picked it up today for $15. I will check it out in the next few days. The whole coloring thing is not for me, but the price was right.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This was my first hammock. I actually used it for quite a while until i upgraded to a dutch netless. It was great to learn how to lay in a hammock, hang a hammock, etc. I only took it backpacking one time and didn't get the greatest nights sleep. Its good if you wanna see if hammocking is for you before you jump in with both feet.

I have the bug net version of the Equip. Although it's listed as one-person, it's almost too roomy! I can lay horizontally across the middle better than I can get a good diagonal. I don't like the way the seams feel when the color changes in the body of the hammock, but the fabric is nice and the construction is pretty good. I changed the suspension to something more tree-considerate. Honestly, I really want to try the Equip single. I can't see any beef with it if you assume you'll always have to make weight and preference mods unless you spend a fortune.

I have two of them,one stays hung on my porch, the other tucked in my overnight adventure pack,wonderful hammocks .

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Got one hung in a bedroom that Grandboys use to spend the night. Tough hammocks. Comfy material but, to short for my personal liking. I'm just 6' but like 11' hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456