Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    HAHA - typo or a Freudian...either way, it's a mistake only a hammocker could make!
    Yeah that is funny, and perfect for a hammocker! I think Freudian!

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    You mean to say that I am actually considered a Guru of something? Amazing! Only 1 year 3 months ago I was sleeping in my HH netting, shivering and cursing hammocks! I have indeed done a lot of experimenting with the SS since then, probably more than most I suppose. There was a guy who used to be here, TeeDee, who was quite a SS fan, but he is long gone to other forums. And there are a couple of guys over at Whiteblaze hammock forum who are pretty big fans and also have down UQ experience, but they don't post much either place. They must be to busy camping or something.

You results with the SS at 30* on your weekend with Griz/HC/Hooch/Cereberus were really quite a testimony to the SS considering that
    A: Some, like Jeff just posted, can't do much better than 30* with a NS UQ without a pad, and one guy over at WB couldn't do that good.( though some can no doubt do better) AND
    B: you did not use the space blanket. Which according to TH, and per my experience, seems to add significant warmth for 2 oz and $2. So, I think for you to have been "toasty at about 30 degrees and surprisingly little condensation too" were about as good a result as anybody could reasonably ask for.

I was going to go today to Hancock Fabrics as they supposedly carry that Insul-bright (sp?) stuff, which somebody here wrote about. I am looking forward to cutting some of it to perfectly fit on top of my under-pad, as a substitute for the regular space blanket. That MIGHT work great. Also, somebody here ( or on WB) cut some fleece to fit their HH under-pad and sewed/glued the SB to that. They thought it worked great. I've really been wanting to try both of these, but my around-to-it is broken. I've been working to much, instead of camping/hiking like I should be.

Still looking forward to your report on all of that gear!
    GOOD LUCK ON THAT, I FORGOT TO MENTION I DID USE A BIG AGNES INSULTATED PAD ON THAT CAMPOUT USING THE SS. MULE
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345