Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Hammock
    Grizz style Bridge
    Insulation
    Primaloft PL-1 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide
    My design is really BER's cloud and cirrous design. He made a table showing the spreader bar lengths and the material arc lengths under the spreader bars of the various bridges including the chrysalis.
    Ed

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    thanks for the post!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

you are digging' up all sorts of old threads!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Yeah I know, there's a story behind all this.................................... For most of the first part of this year, I have worked on a new hammock design----something really origional, that would "blow your mind"! LOL ! However, after spending way too much time and energy on it, and trashing several prototypes, last week I had to face the cold hard truth-------plain and simple, it didnt work. I worked it from lots of different angles---just doesnt work---I'll admit it, it was a bad idea I know that now, and am ready to move on.......................
    Once I came to that conclusion, I decided to make a bridge. So, for the past 2 weeks Ive been on a crash course on bridge design! Come to find out, bridge hammocks are just what I was looking for! (I love it!) So, I may have taken the senic route getting here, but in the end I will have a great hammock custom designed by me! (and in the process I learned alot, and my sewing has improved considerably---it wasnt wasted time at all!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope

New Model

I think it is worth mentioning that Eureka is a Tent company which is why they created the hammock in that way. They told me that the reason for the heavy weight of the hammock was because they were going for a "high level of comfort and interrior room, not a light weight".

Alsoo they have a new model that is out that replaced the model you purchased that features different, lighter, but much more stretchy webbing. I am also planning to review this newer model soon and will have a simular post.

Great post BER

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Not to forget that Eureka didn't design the hammock, that was done by this fellow, David Helsdon.

http://helsdonoutdoors.com/chrysalis.aspx

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    .... For most of the first part of this year, I have worked on a new hammock design----something really origional, that would "blow your mind"! LOL ! However, after spending way too much time and energy on it, and trashing several prototypes, last week I had to face the cold hard truth-------plain and simple, it didnt work. I worked it from lots of different angles---just doesnt work---I'll admit it, it was a bad idea I know that now, and am ready to move on.......................
    I've been there, done that, got an uncomfortable hammock to prove it!

But, do not feel bad about that! I'm sure you learned a lot, as I did. We also got lots of sewing practice

No new ideas were discovered without a lot of trial & error.
    I'd like to know how many "prototypes" Brandon went through before coming up with the Blackbird! On second thought, I probably don't!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I am so glad I don't know how to sew as I would be draning my credit cards and become the terror of the sewing machines.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789