OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    A big thank you to:
    • BrianWillan for organizing it. Let's do it again some time.
    • Chardpp for lending Jared a tensor bandage for his rolled ankle. I hope you got it back. I thought I was leaving it some place obvious. If not, send me a PM and we can work out something.
    • Shawnh for humping Jared's pack out to the parking lot. (and Entropy for offering)
    • Everybody else for being such a nice bunch of people!!!

Did anybody else get offered money to carry gear out from site 526? I've never tried car camping at backcountry site, and I doubt they will again

Looking forward to the trip report and pictures to be posted.
    It was a pleasure meeting you and your son. Glad to hear you made it out OK.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    A big thank you to:
    • BrianWillan for organizing it. Let's do it again some time.
    • Chardpp for lending Jared a tensor bandage for his rolled ankle. I hope you got it back. I thought I was leaving it some place obvious. If not, send me a PM and we can work out something.
    • Shawnh for humping Jared's pack out to the parking lot. (and Entropy for offering)
    • Everybody else for being such a nice bunch of people!!!

Did anybody else get offered money to carry gear out from site 526? I've never tried car camping at backcountry site, and I doubt they will again

Looking forward to the trip report and pictures to be posted.
    I'm back and alive. Got home around 6:30 PM. Had to take it way slower today due to my really sore left knee. Thanks to Jefftrex for the use of his treking pole. I wouldn't of made it out with out. A bigger thanks to entropy for following my 1/3rd pace and for that last shot of Advil which worked way better than my Tylenol. Thanks also goes to chardpp for coming back up the trail and humping out my pack the last 10 minutes or so of the trail. That was a really great gesture.

Next purchase for me is a set of proper trekking poles.

For everyone else, you are more than welcome for the organizing of the trip. Let's hope that now the group hang ball is rolling in Ontario, that this will be the first of many hangs in Ontario.

I vote Sk8rs_dad to organize the winter hang at one of his Scout Camp locations.

Trip report from me will be up tomorrow. No video. So everyone who took pictures this weekend be sure to post them in the trip report thread.

It was great meeting a group of fellow hangers in Ontario who are also really great people in general.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Checking back in...

I had a great time meeting some on the Ontario contingent of the Hammock Forums community. Nice to put faces on some of the names.

Hoping everyone got home safe and sound and had a chance to do one last "hammock hang" at home to dry their soggy gear.

Special thanks go out to BrianWillian for organizing the event, and to Mother Nature for going out of her way to reschedule the beautiful sunny weekend I'm sure she had planned and turn it into overcast rain and drizzle just so a few of us "hammockers" could test out our tarps.

Some of the Bon Echo crew

• My relief at being greeted with a smile and not a scowl when picking Entropy up "just a little" late
    • A group of car campers in all their overpacked glory, coolers and all, miles from their car... all amazingly still alive and smiling! Thanks for the beer and apple...
    • Laughing to myself as half a dozen normally responsible adults joined me in eagerly watching 2 cups of water boil on a cool little wood stove.. What an odd bunch.
    • Bushbuddies, amsteel and tarps.. Oh my!!! I see some DIY'ing in the near future.
    • Having had a chance to see some of the commercial underquilts and topquilts up close. Having made my own, I could really appreciate the quality of design and workmanship. Nice overquilt Stormcrow!
    • Being humbled by base pack weights.
    • Pop & Singe and the old flying penny trick!!!
    • Steak. Mmm... Curried mutton. Not so mmmm!!!
    • Hiking heavy packs in rain. Not so mmm... Canoeing in next time. Mmmm!!!
    • Never, never, never again choose to put back the coffee and bring tea instead. NEVER!!!
    • and finally, who could forget the truly memorable "lunch" we had on our way out

I didn't really take pictures or video (sorry Shug), so I really look forward to seeing your postings.

Thanks again guys. Looking forward to the next "hang". I think we have enough canoers in the group to consider a canoe trip. Maybe next time we can even include some of our brothers from the lower 48 to join us (or vis-a-versa)!

P.S. SK8RS_DAD - I got the bandage back. Hope it helped.

Cheers,

Chardpp
    Last edited by Chard; 08-23-2010 at 18:16.

Thanks for a fun weekend everyone. It was great to check out everyone's gear.

Sorry for not meeting for lunch on the way back. It looked like everyone was going swimming first, then I couldn't find the Timmy's in Coyne. Oh well ...

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vgnbkr View Post
    Thanks for a fun weekend everyone. It was great to check out everyone's gear.

Sorry for not meeting for lunch on the way back. It looked like everyone was going swimming first, then I couldn't find the Timmy's in Coyne. Oh well ...
    Yeah, it turns out there is no Timmy's in Cloyne... Nor is there one in Kaladar...

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678