Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY cat diamond
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & OQ
    Images
    Someone (Hammock Engineer?) should start a thread polling everyone who is intrested to give their location. Then plan a date and place. I really would like to attend if at all possible. Not many hammockers in Arkansas. But we do have a ton of hikers, and some great trails. I will be on the Buffalo River Trail for Thanksgiving.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I'm sorry but I thought someone said...."really cold". If that's what you're looking for then I cordially invite you all up to the great state of New Yawk! The vast Adirondack Park would truly put your cold weather camping skills to the test. And if that won't work we could always cross over to Burlington Vermont which is legendary for it's coldness.

Miguel

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    ky or tn pretty central for most people,but i aint going to red river gorge neo
    What's wrong with the Red River Gorge?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    We could go somewhere on the AT. A loop maybe?

Images
    I always wanted to check out the Adirondacks. I was up in Burrlington last month for a LT hike. There are some good trails in the area and definitly some colder weather. I think that if we go that far North we will loose some of the southern people.

Maybe after we get a list of people that are interested together, I'll start a poll of where you live and how far you are willing to travel. From there we should be able to pick a place that allows the most amount of people to come.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm TENTATIVE until I get a better schedule, but I'm pretty sure it'll have to be late Jan or early Feb for me - I'll still be moving in early Jan. Probably 6 hrs or so from Fayetteville...that's enough to put me along the AT. I could drive up Fri night and leave Sun afternoon for home.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    What's wrong with the Red River Gorge?
    its a sexual thing neo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I'm TENTATIVE until I get a better schedule, but I'm pretty sure it'll have to be late Jan or early Feb for me - I'll still be moving in early Jan. Probably 6 hrs or so from Fayetteville...that's enough to put me along the AT. I could drive up Fri night and leave Sun afternoon for home.
    Understandable.

I am leaning towards Jan, late would work. The Super Bowl is Feb 4th. I don't think the Bengals are going to make it this year, but I still like to watch. Any later than that it might start to warm up (that somehow sounds strange). Plus my personal reason of getting ready for my hike in March. There may be a couple more starting then too.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Mt Roger area would work for us.... and really it is the same area as Damascus ... easily reached by all who attend Trail Days.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I always wanted to check out the Adirondacks. I was up in Burrlington last month for a LT hike. There are some good trails in the area and definitly some colder weather. I think that if we go that far North we will loose some of the southern people.

Maybe after we get a list of people that are interested together, I'll start a poll of where you live and how far you are willing to travel. From there we should be able to pick a place that allows the most amount of people to come.
    I was just kidding but sometimes I sense that folks think New York State consists of concrete from border to border. Nothing could be further from the truth. Once you leave "The City" you might as well be on another planet.

The Adirondack State Park consists of over six million acres alone which is about the same size as Vermont! It's an outdoorsman's dream. There are over 2000 miles of hiking trails, over 2000 ponds and lakes, hundreds of miles of canoe routes inluding lakes and rivers. It's a mecca for whitewater kayakers and rafters. It has 42 peaks of over 4000 feet. You could literally spend a lifetime exploring the Dacks.

Y'all come up sometime...ya heah. (Just don't make it during Black Fly season!)
    Last edited by Miguel; 11-08-2006 at 09:23.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast