Tarp
    EOS Spinn Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Have you tried putting a pillow between your knees? That's what I do...it doesn't exactly solve the problem your describing but it does take enough pressure off my lower back to let me sleep comfortably.
    And MrToot:
    Have you tried a small pillow or stuff sack with some extra clothing in it between your legs especially at the knee area.
    Well, I was able to do some testing in the back yard before the snow storm hits this evening. This corrected 50% of the problem at least. Enough to make me very happy. Something I realized is, it makes me not require to rotate so far on my side to feel comfortable. Moral of the story, I feel asleep in 5 minutes. I'm glad I woke up before the storm hits

There might be lighter ideas out there(4oz) but I used a BA pillow and it worked well. 2.5 inches thick I think, I probably could go a little thicker. I'll see if there is a thread out there already on different things to use.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Images
    I'm always a side sleeper in a bed, but found I sleep great in my WBBB on my back with my pack under my knees. Then again, sometimes I push it out of the way and go fetal... I'm a thrasher.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by bullibumpa View Post
    Do you know if it is possible to make a bridge hammock wide enough to allow knees to be pulled up higher? BMBH is too narrow for me...
    I've used the Eureka Chrysalis and other bridge hammocks and the EC is much easier to get on your side comfortably and has a much wider, flatter lay. I felt like a sardine in a BMBH.

I've got a new version and it's even lighter and flatter than the first edition but is still slightly contoured to support the calves and leave no pressure on the heels and it raises the head a bit so only a small pillow is used, even then it's not really necessary if you want light weight.

For me the new version is the most comfortable of 6 hammocks I've tried. New lighter suspension and other details. But, it's over 4 pounds if you use the camper top (you can leave your tarp at home then). No top or bug screen and maybe 3 pounds ... I'll have to check.

I really like it. and sleep in it 4 to 5 nights a week but I don't carry it on my back when camping but moto or canoe camp.
    Last edited by Danalex; 02-25-2011 at 08:01.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I only sleep on my side in with one knee in the fetal position. In my Blackbird, I found I could be comfortable only on my left side, which got old during the night. I have since gone to a Switchback hammock and I sleep like a baby on both sides and can effortlessly turn over in my sleep! I'm learning that hammocks are like shoes - they need to fit the person wearing them.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123