Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Images
    Well put me down as a "maybe" folks! I'm off the weekend of Oct 9th. If I do attend this potential hang I will be kayaking it. I have covered many beautiful miles of Jocassee in my kayak and can't wait to see the blue water again.

-Ricegravy!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Sounds like we are in for October 9th. My wife is looking to take that weekend off. We are planning to make a day hike with our kids from Upper Whitewater Falls to Bad Creek Access. We hear that is a pretty tough section with boulders but my girls like to climb. Figuring we have most of the day to do the 2.5 section so hopefully its not too bad. We may have some friends joining us, "groundwellers" , but they are not the avid campers as they would like to be.

Hope this hang happens on the weekend of 10/9 . . . Looking forward to it.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Great news Muskrat!
    I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and some of the other local hangers.
    If there are some that would like to get in a nice hike, I'd suggest going from Laurel Falls to Canebrake. This takes you around the northern tip of the lake. Normally, the only way to see this area is to hike the 33 mile stretch from Laurel Valley Access to Bad Creek. If all goes well, I fully intend to have my boat with me. I could ferry 5 or 6 people out there at a time (~15 minutes by boat) and go back 4-5 hours later and pick them up.
    They get a nice hike, I get to boat around on the most beautiful lake I've ever seen.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Lake Jocassee/Devils Fork

Devil's Fork Campground is one awesome campground. I live approximately 45 minutes from there and go there at least twice maybe three times a year. There are a ton of trees to hang from for sure. There is a nice campground store there and also one right down the road for those supplies that we all seem to forget. The town of Wahalla is not to far from there and there are a few restaurants there to eat at if anyone wanted to go out. All in all, great spot. Plan it, I wont miss it, Jason.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    OK, we are in. Just booked campsites 16 & 17. I ave invited my brother-inlaw and his family (total of 4) to tag along. His wife (from China) has never been camping before and same goes with his 2 daughters. I'm really hoping to get them out for a good weekend, nice weather, great atmosphere (had could it not...) so that they look forward to more trips. It really caught me off gaurd when we talked this past weekend that Betty (wife) didn't even know what a SMORE was. WHOOO BUDDY ! Is she ever in for a treat ! They will be "ground dwellers" that weekend. Good possibility we may be having other friends up that weekend as well. If that is the case, I will try to get them to take campsite #18, allowing for the HF hangers to the prime spots along the water.

Who else is in ???

Looking forward to it !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Oct 15-17 actually works well on my calendar right now....it would be a blast to see a lot of the folks from the John Rock hang this summer!
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    Oct 15-17 actually works well on my calendar right now....it would be a blast to see a lot of the folks from the John Rock hang this summer!
    POST #15 . . . looks like this hang is set for October 9th. . . .unless something has changed that I am unaware of. Either way, we will be there on the the weeknd of the 9th. Hope to see and meet as many as possible !
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Images
    I am off the weekend of the 9th but, I cant commit to this hang at this time. I have a lot of bow hunting/hangs in October to attend so, I just dont know what I will be doing that weekend.

-Ricegravy!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3-season
    Suspension
    Webbing/Dutch Clip
    We will be up there family camping in th emain campground.
    Will see you there!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Just curious if anyone other than SwampFox has already booked a site. My family (4. . . and all in hammocks!) has already booked Site #16 and my brother-in-law and his family (4 . . . groundwellers) will be at Site #17. I'm hoping more will come and possibly do a Sat evening meal together.
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast