Images

Hike Suggestions in Medicine Bow National Forest, WY

Has anyone been to Medicine Bow National Forest in WY? Planning on going there other the 4th of July and trying to decide a good friday to tuesday hike. Willing to piece together some shorter ones. One of my thoughts was a few day hike and then going to a high peak on the last day.

Also thinking the CDT through there to start the wheeling turning on that trail.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Has anyone been to Medicine Bow National Forest in WY? Planning on going there other the 4th of July and trying to decide a good friday to tuesday hike. Willing to piece together some shorter ones. One of my thoughts was a few day hike and then going to a high peak on the last day.

Also thinking the CDT through there to start the wheeling turning on that trail.
    You might be the 1st person to hammock up there. I could give you some advice for the Wind Rivers. But I only have a distant memory of going to the Medicine Bow on- wait for it- 4th of July ( same as your plan) in 1976 or 77. Traveled up there from Pueblo, CO where I lived at the time. That was a car camping trip, in my poor old Ford Pinto. I remember thinking it was beautiful, but I have not been back. I also remember it was hot as blazes in Pueblo, but nice and cool up there. That, and camping by a stream with a close up view of a pointed (granite?) peak. I drank straight out of that stream ( didn't know about treating water) but had no problems.

Images
    Thanks for sharing. Taking the girlfriend up there on her first hiking trip. We wanted to go somewhere nice that I haven't been to. Saw some pictures in a Magaizine and some more online and figured it would fit the bill. Looking forward to making some memories of my own there.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts