Tarp
    vortex rain fly
    Insulation
    neo air&sun shade
    Suspension
    all-in one,whoopie

Question clark's jungle hammock

Hi to all,
    I'm slowpoke and I'm about to become a hanger, but I'm kind of debating which hammock to buy? I have been viewing Clark's jungle nx250 hammock and hennessee as well. Both of them have good qualities but I'm kind of leaning more towards the nx 250 from clark.Can anyone tell me if I'm better off with the Clark?

Hammock
    Clark n150
    Tarp
    el cheepo
    Insulation
    figuring it out
    Suspension
    ropes/drip rings
    Images
    First post!

I have a clark nx150. It is very well made, The weather guard is nice in the winter as another way to stay warm. When your condensation from breathing rises and freezes on your tarp, the weather guard keeps the snow off you from under the tarp. So far I have not found the pockets useful but I expect they are helpful between 60 and 70 degrees the most but I can' be sure since I have never really used them. The hammock is comfortable to me and feels very roomy with the spreader bars. I have been using hammock without a bugnet and without a weather guard recently to keep the size and weight down but I think its time to break the clark now that bug season is coming.

All the hammocks have some good parts and some better parts. I don't think there is a right answer or wrong aswer. It seems the easiest hammocks to sell on this site if you don't like it are the warbonnets.

The clarks are expensive though...... a traveller (no bugnet no weather gurard)is 1/3 to 1/4 the price for example and has its own benefits. A clark has more features but isn't necesarily more comfortable.

good luck!

cooldays

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Welcome....

Ill also add the Warbonnet hammocks give you more room. Ive got a NX200 and my Traveler and BB are far roomier. Now granted, I have a big frame.....

Also take a look at the Switchback.
    Last edited by opie; 06-22-2010 at 11:16.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to the forum! When selecting a hammock you would be wise to consider some variables. Such as cost, intended use, your size / weight, weight of the hammock (if used for backpacking) and personal preference also plays a big part in the selection process. Check the "Hangouts, Campouts and Trip Planning" section here on the forums. See if there a event anywhere close to you that you can get to. Hammock hangers love to show off their rigs. So if you get to a event you can try out all the various rigs and use that as a basis to help you decide. You could also check the Goggle user map here on the forum and see if there are any hangers close to you. I am sure that they would be happy to help you nail down your selection.
    Terry

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    Can't help you with the Clark decision as I have never actually seen one, but welcome to the forum. I am sure there will be plenty of those on the forum who can offer you sound advice.
    Hammocker Prayer - "Don't every let my wife sell my hammock equipment for what I told her I paid for it."

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have a 250 and the two things I especially like about it are the spreader bars and the weather shield. The weather shield is huge in inclement and cold weather. It's a true four season hammock. I was amazed at the difference it made during cold and/or windy conditions. Having said that it is one of the heavier hammocks. I'm considering buying something ultra light for the summer and using the Clark NX 250 for fall, winter and spring. Hope that helps.

Miguel

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Slowpoke:
    I have the NX-200 and will tell you that I like it alot. It is heavier and I do have a ENO DN that I will be using during the summer. The Clark is heavier and pricey but it comes with everything that you need to make it in 4 season hanging. I will always keep my CJH, well until it fails and then I will get another one.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I went with the Clark for the same reason as Bama. Everything comes with it. Also just found out I am getting whoopiesling all in one set up for it for my Bday. Yeah.

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock - Tropical
    Tarp
    S to S Tarp Poncho
    Insulation
    Mont Sleeping Bags
    Images
    I got the XL Tarp with my Clark Jungle Hammock - Tropical. It's great. I use two walking sicks and set up a patio where I do my cooking.

• + New Posts