Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I finally got an estimate on the shipping charges to Flagstaff:

"Our estimate of $197.66 includes shipping preparation, transportation, and fuel surcharge to a commercial address or picked up at the carriers local terminal."

When I have more time, I'll work up an estimate of the per-unit shipping cost to see if this is still viable for most people.

~derek

Images
    You might consider asking if shipping 2 lots of them impacts the shipping cost. I'd bet that much of the cost is the pickup and all of that. Given the "I'm interested"'s on here, two lots would be claimed I think, and shipping two might just be marginally more expensive.

just a thought...

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe w/2QZQ mod
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I'd love to be included for at least 2 if this pans out

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    You might consider asking if shipping 2 lots of them impacts the shipping cost. I'd bet that much of the cost is the pickup and all of that. Given the "I'm interested"'s on here, two lots would be claimed I think, and shipping two might just be marginally more expensive.

just a thought...
    I think Mundele might be right. Would it be possible to have 2 group buys. One for the "new condition" and one for the "used condition?" If that is possible you could go back to having two different prices. One for each group buy as you would be selling two different items. Not trying to make more work but this may solve the issue of people ordering 4 and wanting 4 new ones. When the quantity in either group buy would run out then it would be closed and then anyone wanting more would just have to purchase from the other buy. I would guess the "new condition" ones would sell out first. Just do it as first pm first serve.

On that note I will want anywhere from 2 to 10 depending on price/shipping.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    $150 minimum bid, lot size varies from 88 to 150. Figure we get 100...
    that's 1.50 ea, plus $200/100 shipping= 3.50 ea.

$3.50ea plus shipping + envelopes???

wow, the local mil-surplus place wants $20 ea for "used" (best has several tears in it) and $35 for new... yikes
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    1. Group buy prices must be the actual cost of the item or items being offered.

Just read the group buy rules which are very simple. This is the one rule that seems to apply to the pricing issue. Nothing in this rule would prohibit a 2 tiered pricing system. As long as the price charged for the "new condition" liners and the price of the "used condition" liners adds up to the total price of the entire lot of liners then the buy would conform to the rules. The issue of the $.50 does not apply as it only has to do with recouping costs for printing invoices, envelopes or things such as that. Please correct me if I am wrong but I really don't think the rules of the group buy prohibit the 2 tiered pricing system you first envisioned.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer
    Tarp
    Custom
    Insulation
    Fleece bag
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps
    I love poncho liners so whatever works for me.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    For those who've done group buys before, is it typical to contact each person and send item price + shipping for their location, or take pre-payments for item and request a second payment for shipping, or something else?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    For those who've done group buys before, is it typical to contact each person and send item price + shipping for their location, or take pre-payments for item and request a second payment for shipping, or something else?
    Thats a tuffy considering you wont know actual shipping weights for say, 10, till you get them.

You may be better suited doing a flat rate shipping option. Not sure on the size of the PL....

But first class is fine for anything up to 13 ounces. You dont have the option to ship first class over 13 ounces. You can get into parcel post, but even then I think they bump you up to priority over a certain weight.

Here are the parcel post regs... http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendm...parcelpost.htm

Delivery to every address in the United States-including PO Boxes and military addresses.
    Saturday and residential deliveries at no extra cost
    Parcel Post packages can weigh up to 70 pounds and measure up to 130 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part
    For discount rates see Parcel Select.
    Rates are based on weight, distance, and shape.
    A surcharge applies to certain items including packages weighing over 35 pounds (25 pounds for books and printed matter) and certain shapes (e.g. tubes, rolls, and large packages).
    Id suggest waiting till you get them to find out what the weights are based on the individual numbers for the orders, and ask for payment in one lump. 2 payments for 1 transaction can get confusing. JMO>

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast