Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Anyone have any advise for this on a HH hammock? I converted mine to a lash-it whoopie sling a few years ago, but I've never gone out and really toyed with it to find a sweet spot.

What would the original length have been? I guess that's a good place to start and then shorten and lengthen it to see what I like better. I know I've slept at least one night in it where it had absolutely no tension on it last year. My second night in Grayson last week I tightened it up a few inches just to see what would happen. It put me in much more of a banana shape, but felt more comfortable too.

Hammock
    DIY WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HG20* Inc., MH Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    Anyone have any advise for this on a HH hammock? I converted mine to a lash-it whoopie sling a few years ago, but I've never gone out and really toyed with it to find a sweet spot.

What would the original length have been? I guess that's a good place to start and then shorten and lengthen it to see what I like better. I know I've slept at least one night in it where it had absolutely no tension on it last year. My second night in Grayson last week I tightened it up a few inches just to see what would happen. It put me in much more of a banana shape, but felt more comfortable too.
    A great way to experiment with your ridgeline length is just to take a big old chunk of nylon/poly cord (I used 3mm nylon chord from REI)

and tie a truckers hitch in it. The truckers hitch is easily adjustable, and can even be tweaked from inside the hammock. Once you get close, measure what you have and bust out the high tech cordage and make a amsteel/dayeema SRL.

My ridgeline has about 6" of adjustability. I've tied a knot in the tag end so that I know where my sweet spot is and the SRL will never go shorter than that. But I have had to snug up the ridge line when my anchor points were close together and the ridgeline went slack. That way I can still hold up my bug netting.

Images
    Well I don't need any additional rope, as I said my ridge line is an actual miniature whoopie sling with several feet of adjustment. I just have no idea where the "stock setting" would be at this point since I didn't measure before I modified.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12