Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Hammock
    DIY wide tablecloth
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm 6'3" and the PLUQ works for me, folded over. It starts at my neck, not my head - my head has a pillow, insulation enough... and I guess I am sideways enough (or bending my knees a bit) so that my feet are covered. My quilt has a foot pocket for my feet anyway, and if it is cold I have an EE Hoodlum on my head.

Good luck!

Thanks, GDM! Thinking I may just do the fold-over with insulation as well and make this my "Alaskan summer-weight". I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get all my materials up here.

Hammock
    1.0 Robic Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by AK CAS View Post

Also, looking to incorporate the clew method of suspending the PLUQ... has anyone done this to a sewn PLUQ? What were the goods/bads/indifferents?
    The PLUQ seems like the perfect option for DIY summer/fall UQ so I am making one as soon as it arrives in the mail and was wondering the same thing. I feel like combining the two ideas would make for an excellent UQ; however, I have an eleven foot hammock so my biggest concern is if the PLUQ is too short or too narrow to use the clew suspension method...

sanity: I just purchased the snaps from KAM Snaps and the shock cord/insulation from Quest Outfitters. As soon as it all gets here, I'll make it and let you know. My hammock is the ENO Double Nest.

haha, glad I'm not the only one necro-bumping.... I tried out no-sew (and semi-sewn) a couple different ways, could always feel the shock cord/long edges....kinda bothered me because I feel the underblanket should not be able to be felt except that it's working...

anyways I ended up making it as as simple as possible after getting some inspiration from some bushcraft youtube video. I gathered the ends with 550 cord, (I started with it fully gathered, but ended up folding it in half and moved back about 6 inches from the edges, THEN start gathering, I hope that makes sense) and suspended it with one of those cheapo tarp loops, looped thru the 550 on each end (the ones with the ball on the end, removed the ball of course) and made a bowline thru each hammock end with a cheapo tiny carabiner to clip it on.

works great, nice and snug and isnt noticeable except that its working. Also, it is full length single layer, and I just use the tie outs to sister up another one if needed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112