Images

Thumbs up Clark Ultralight Maiden Voyage

First time posting here. Thought I'd share my experience with you on the new hanger - Clark Ultralight.

Two- nighter in the Linville Gorge. 2lb hammock shaved 2lbs off my usual solo tent setup and allowed me to sleep very comfortably off the ground, with a view, and dry. It was a good test run as the second night was all rain. Between my rainfly(included) and buddy's fly, we were able to camp, cook, and chill without getting even damp. Just crawl under and you're good vs a tent that drips water as you go in/out and keeps moisture inside. I've never camped so dry in that much weather.

While the suspension may seem weak/cheap I found it to be pretty simple to work with and lightweight. I will stick with it until it begins to wear or fray. Temps were down to the mid40s I guess and I was very comfy in my 20degree down bag with the fly tightened down to keep the breeze out.

All in all, I am very happy and proud of my new digs. I've slept in it at home for fun and set it up on the ground using my hiking poles for 'just in case'. Now I'm lookIng forward to customizing an underquilt for cold weather - maybe using an old sleeping bag or insulated blanket or fleece and some
    shock cord. I'll probably sow a gathering connection to hold the netting up out of the way when not in use and maybe a little mesh 'attic' for nite lite, etc.

Anyway, can't wait for the next trip; and if you made it this far, thanks for reading my post.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Clarks are the BEST! I agree the suspension could be a little better, but I can understand why they don't change it. No matter what type of system they put on them, it most likely would be replaced anyway, so a good, workable and strong system is good to start with until it gets changed. Congratulations on your new Clark.

Hammock
    Treehugger (Eno clone), and HHULB
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    Welcome! We want pics!

Crazy Hammock Lady

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Skoolbyrd:
    Welcome to the CJH family. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Ultralight and had a great trip in the Gorge. As far as stowing the netting out of the way when not in use look at the foot end of the hammock and there should be storage pouches in the nylon area where the zipper stops are located, they are triangular in shape. Pick up some 1/8" shock/bungee cord and run it between the two loops of grosgrain that are in the head and foot peaks. When your laying in the hammock zip up the bugshield and look up. Where the zippers meet at the head end there should be a loop of grosgrain. There will be a matching one on the foot end as well. Run the shock cord between these two points to form a ridgeline to hang small lights, glasses, cell phones, fans, etc.... from.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

• + New Posts