Thread: Allergy season

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    One of the few things that eases my discomfort when I get itchy, swollen, painful eyes is a cold, wet compress. I usually wrap a washcloth around a few ice cubes, and ice my eyeballs, and it helps a TON to ease the itching.

I've seriously considered adding some of those chemical cold packs to my first aid kit for spring time hiking. They are bulky and heavy, but are about the only thing that could provide relief on the trail when my eyes are killing me.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    One of the few things that eases my discomfort when I get itchy, swollen, painful eyes is a cold, wet compress. I usually wrap a washcloth around a few ice cubes, and ice my eyeballs, and it helps a TON to ease the itching.

I've seriously considered adding some of those chemical cold packs to my first aid kit for spring time hiking. They are bulky and heavy, but are about the only thing that could provide relief on the trail when my eyes are killing me.
    I've thought about the same thing! Thats the only thing that helps me too, been doin it since I was a kid.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Been battleing them since I've been a little kid. Thought they where going away a few years ago, but they came really heavy this spring. Some days I can barely see. Had been taking Allegra but was trying Singulair and may have to go back.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have seasonal allergies to some pollens, ragweed, dust, mold etc. but the biggest culprit for me is drastic atmospheric pressure changes. It causes my nose to uncontrollably drip for a 24 hour period and then the next day it's completely gone and I'm fine. Very strange. I don't take any meds and usually just tough it out for the day. Happens to me about 6 times per year over spring, summer and fall. I have no allergy attacks at all during the winter.

Hammock
    HH Explorer ASYM
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Suspension
    WS, huggers, toggs
    I have bad allergies, too. They mainly flare up at season changes, but they’re pretty much there year round. I prefer winter time partly because of it. I used to take allergy shots starting when I was about 6 and on through college. I try not to take medicine for it because I don’t want to become immune, but if it’s just too much I have to. I just started taking generic Claritin.

I also have allergy induced asthma, but that isn’t as much of a problem. Once I got in band and started to learn how to breathe correctly my asthma has all but gone away with maybe 1 to two attacks a year that I can make go away if I just concentrate.

My skin is a whole different issue, though. I have atopic skin, aka eczema, which sucks. And here’s the worst part, let’s say I’m having issues with my forearm. The inside will have too much moisture and the beginnings of a heat rash while the outside will be scaly and dry. So I have to be real careful how I handle the lotion and powder. And it’s not so bad if I’m sweating and the sweat has somewhere to go, like I just got through working out and the air around me is dry so my sweat can evaporate. It’s really bad if I’m outside and it’s hot and humid so my sweat can’t evaporate as quickly so it just sits there and causes heat rash in just a couple minutes.
    ~We all start at the bottom~

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    all my life. "move to arizona" they used to say. yeah right, every plant here is imported..
    with a very wet spring, the brittlebush and chickory, orange and palo verde would have killed me if it were not for the discovery of Zyrtek. I tried claritin, allegra, etc and they dont work.
    like many ppl, im allergic to Ponderosa pine but fortunately, my hammock is not

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    zyrtec, singulair, 3 nose sprays, monthly shots, advair, pro air, epi-pens.....the price you pay to be able to go outside!!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Wow guys and gals ... I don't feel so bad about my little snotty nose in the woods anymore ...

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12