WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    MM IX dbl
    Suspension
    Webbing

SB Pro or Mosquito Hammock?

I’m looking to get some input. My wife decided that she’d like to have a hammock with an integrated bugnet like my BB. As much as I’d like to get another BB for her to have her own, our budget just won’t allow it right now. She seems to have no problem with the 9’ DIY version I made for her, gathered in the Warbonnet style, but she would rather have an attached bugnet than a sock gathered at each end.

I’ve heard many good comments regarding the Skeeter Beeter Pro and Mosquito Hammocks, and they seem comparably priced. Will she have enough material in either of these models to lie down reasonably flat? She’s 5’4” if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    NeoAir LT / DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    I have an ultralight skeeter beater that comes with the Air Bivy Extreme Shelter set. If I understand correctly this is the same as the skeeter beater pro only smaller. Mine is 8' x 4' where the pro is 10.5' x 5'.

I slept in it 2 nights last weekend for the first time and although my ul version is a little small for my 6' 220lb frame it wasn't extremely bad and there were many things to like...

The weight was great and I really liked flipping the hammock over to lounge with the bug net on the bottom. I did miss the ridgeline inside the netting to hang items from and again this size was a little small for me, but I imagine the pro would have plenty of room for a flat lay for your wife.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I have the Skeeter Beeter Pro and at 6' 205lbs I have plenty of room. Depending how much sag I hang it with I can lay on the diagonal or when I hang it a little tighter I can lay straight down the middle and still have room to lay on my side or back.
    I love my SBPro, it is my go to hammock.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped-4-Cache View Post
    I’m looking to get some input. My wife decided that she’d like to have a hammock with an integrated bugnet like my BB. As much as I’d like to get another BB for her to have her own, our budget just won’t allow it right now. She seems to have no problem with the 9’ DIY version I made for her, gathered in the Warbonnet style, but she would rather have an attached bugnet than a sock gathered at each end.

I’ve heard many good comments regarding the Skeeter Beeter Pro and Mosquito Hammocks, and they seem comparably priced. Will she have enough material in either of these models to lie down reasonably flat? She’s 5’4” if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Another thought is if she likes the DIY one you made her, you could easily sew a bugnet onto it and do it a bit cheaper than buying one. I think that headchange4u's HH clone or Tinkers BB clone bugnet style would be easiest to accomplish this task. The hardest part is sewing on the zipper or omnitape.

Sclittlefield has a detachable version that also works well.

Hammock
    Byer Moskito or Parrot Bay
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Home made
    Images
    I have the Byer Moskito hammock.

I'm 5'8" and I have plenty of room in it.

Hammock
    Gnome 1.5sl, WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies

Thumbs up Skeeter Beater

I started out with the skeeter beater ul due to price as well and at 5'8" had no problem with a comfortable lay and the best nights sleep in the woods ever. It's the hammock that jump started many a purchase. It's got all the features you need and the price is right. Don't think you'll regret it. I keep mine as a backup and loaner after moving up.

• + New Posts