Thread: Nlrleo

NLRLEO

Nlrleo

Hello all.

My name is Keith. I found out about this forum from Shug Emery, of which I am a dedicated video fan, along with Tinny of Minibulldesing.

I am a city employee. I am a Cub Scout Cub Master and Wolf Den leader. I have three younger children with a stay at home mom. I love the outdoors! Especially when I'm in it!!

I became interested in hammocks watching Shug's videos. Then I began to look at equipment, and the prices of good, quality equipment sort of put a halt to any further involvement. If I'm going to the woods, I'm going to be comfortable, and it appears that comfortable hammock equipment is a little expensive. But, the old adage applies, "you get what you pay for!" Plus, with a 9 year old son, I'd pretty much have to buy 2 of everything.

Still, I love watching others hammock while hiking. I watch for fun and to learn. I've learned quite a bit just watching all of Shug's videos. Learning about hiking/camping/hammocking equipment/technique is a lot of fun.

Well, that's enough about me for now. Thanks,

Keith
    Last edited by NLRLEO; 05-29-2010 at 15:58.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Well a big NC welcome to you. Look forward to hearing about your adventures!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NLRLEO View Post
    Hello all.

My name is Keith. I found out about this forum from Shug Emery, of which I am a dedicated video fan, along with Tinny of Minibulldesing.

I am a city employee. I am a Cub Scout Cub Master and Wolf Den leader. I have three younger children and with a stay at home mom. I love the outdoors! Especially when I'm in it!!

I became interested in hammocks watching Shug's videos. Then I began to look at equipment, and the prices of good, quality equipment sort of put a halt to any further involvement. If I'm going to the woods, I'm going to be comfortable, and it appears that comfortable hammock equipment is a little expensive. But, the old adage applies, "you get what you pay for!" Plus, with a 9 year old son, I'd pretty much have to buy 2 of everything.

Still, I love watching others hammock while hiking. I watch for fun and to learn. I've learned quite a bit just watching all of Shug's videos. Learning about hiking/camping/hammocking equipment/technique is a lot of fun.

Well, that's enough about me for now. Thanks,

Keith
    Mighty cool ...... if you sew or know someone who does you can make your own pretty cheaply. go to JustJeff's site for instructions : http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeHammock.html
    You can get materials from vendors on this site.....
    Whooooo Buddy welcome.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome glad you found your way here. Yes gear can be expensive or cheap as you chose to make it. There is plenty of information here on how to DIY (do it yourself) gear. Homemade gear can be and in many cases every bit as good or better than store bought gear. Making a hammock is within everyone's reach. DIY is thrifty and educational at the same time. Heck you will pick up project ideas here that your Cubs can do also. Don't worry about it just do it!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    NLRLEO:
    Welcome to HF from down here in BAMA. The info on here is great, the cottage builders are very helpful and the DIY crowd is always willing to help out as well.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    While hanging can be expensive, it does not have to be. I got into my first rig for under $100 and, for me, it is quite comfortable. There is some great info for DIY that will help keep your addiction under control. Welcome.
    Hammocker Prayer - "Don't every let my wife sell my hammock equipment for what I told her I paid for it."

• + New Posts