Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    maybe this will help you understand why we are so confused. This is the way the suspension rope is routed underneath the end caps. As you can see it would be very strange for the rope to significantly slip the way it is supposed to run. Again, I am not saying it didn't happen. But this may explain why we put that kind of solution aside and concentrated on other possibilities.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...2266_thumb.jpg
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    OK, clearly some sort of factory defect, hopefully you will have much better luck with the replacement and have some happy hangs.

What is still a mystery to me: apparently, it came loose at the hammock/rope suspension intersection. Loose enough to put you on the ground. So, I'm thinking you must have been pretty close to the ground before you got in? Otherwise the mystery is how it could have come loose enough to put you on the ground without also pulling completely out of the knot cover and free of the hammock.

But it doesn't really matter, we just are obsessed about trying to understand all things hammock related. Especially things that dump us on the ground! Bottom line is, there was a defect in the factory rope to hammock knot, and now you can give it another go with a new one. Here's wishing you better luck! At least you didn't end up upside down in the net like I did on my first night!
    FWIW, I was at chair height, which is suggested on the HH website. When I sat down in it, it was very comfortable. I even laid back, like a lounger, and could really feel the difference and how it would be very nice out on a hike.. It wasnt tell I got inside it did the line came lose and it fell.

As for the mystery, thats mine too. Working in assymbly plants as a QC I have seen and sent back, many shabby assymblies by employees who were just to lazy to do the job right..An example, when I worked for Compaq computers, I was handed a computer to test/analyze. The cables and harrness inside the chasse was not even hooked up. They were just laying i the bottom. I asked the employee who handed it to me, "This is a joke, right?"" Evidiently soemone else gave it to him and he didnt se it either.

Graywolf

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    ..usually I do vids after I have the idea down,but not on the first time..
    Where's the fun in that? All of the really great stuff happens during the first 5 minutes. When I was getting in a bridge hammock the first time, I almost launched myself right out the other side! It was hilarious once I determined that I wasn't about to die or wet myself.

Boris

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234