Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @Just Jeff

If you look at MrJMan's photos you'll see their were no ropes. It used chains and stabilizer bars attached to the spreader bar.

The hammock fabric just dissolved from sun damage and completely tore away from the spreader bars. Unfortunately, my wife tossed the chains, spreaders and stablizer bars thinking any old hammock could be strung up there.

Initially, I thought I could located the manufacturer and buy replacement parts. I have gone over every inch of this thing there is no name on it anywhere except the wheels which say 'Young Lion'. Which I think is just the wheel manufacturer. Google search for 'young lion hammock', 'young lion wheel' turn up nothing relevant.

@dndco

well, if i can't find one to buy i guess i will have to go to an Upholster and have one made. but I do like your remark to call the 1-800-got junk

I ended up having one made, I bought the material and had it made by a friend who had an upholstery shop. Luckily I had the old hammock that he used as a pattern. I could not find anything out there that could fit this hammock frame, so that’s why I had it made. Now watch out for the boat upholstery shops, because they quoted me to use my old hammock as a pattern and they supplied the material for about $650.00- $850.00 dollars! I told them, that was more than what I paid for the hammock from Costco. Good luck!

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    From my experience, none of the box store stands hold the hammock high enough, and therefore you touch the ground. My first question would be what is the attachment height? Next, once pressure is added, does the bars tend to come closer together, and how does that affect your total distance between bars.

Same problem

I have the same hammock given to me for Fathers day years back. I loved this hammock. Bought the cover for it, was able to protect from our harsh winters. Covers gone and so is the hammock. I gerry jigged it with a cheap hammock I got on Ebay but that last only one season. If you find the proper replacement please let me know and I'll do same for you. ([email protected])

When I purchased mine, I called the company and ordered a cover - heavy plastic but it didn't last very long. A couple of years max. I swear the company name for the hammock is Cosco without a T - they were in CA. I can find a Cosco online but they don't have hammocks. I found a cheap cotton rope hammock and tried to make it work - it didn't. I even re-knotted it to shorten it and as soon as I got in it - it sunk right down to the metal frame. The newer arc frames have the hooks higher up the arc and therefore farther apart. This frame needs a shorter hammock. I would suggest that anyone who kept their hammock take measurements and see if you can get one made to fit. I bet if you bought the fabric (you can get sunbrella fabric at Joanne's) a car upholstery shop could knock it out quick. I'd appreciate it if you'd post the hammock measurements.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I ordered my own replacement from here.

http://www.myhammock.com/products.asp?cat=17

Fixed the Costco Hammock problem

OK, just in case any of you care...hahaha...I ordered a regular hammock, cut the top point off where the rope is woven together and tied it to the bars of the costco hammock, kept the wooden bar from the hammock on, optional... tied a crap load of knots and it works great... so here are some pics just in case you want to do the same...oh had to raise the chains to the 9th chain on the middle hook part, but it works great...just thought I would let ya all know
    Attached Images Attached Images

What are the dimensions of the bed of the hammock you used? I looks like the standard hammock bed is 6' 5" with spreader bars. . .the only shorter ones I found don't come with spreader bars.

Costco Hammock

Anyone find a direct replacement yet? Or the actual name of the manufacturer of this Hammock? I have 2 of these. One bed is trash and the other is OK but its probably close to the end of its life.

Thanks in advance.

C-

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast