Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The closer to, or above, the recommended weight ratings you are, the more stretch you're going to get out of the fabric. The lay won't be as flat and shoulder squeeze may become an issue. Unless you're really looking to shave ounces, the heavier version is probably a better deal. After all, comfort is the reason many of us are here.

Also keep in mind that wear and tear will likely be accelerated with weight loads near the posted tolerances.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    UK Royal Navy 1950´s
    Tarp
    DIY Speer tarp
    Insulation
    slfnfltbl mattress
    Suspension
    toggle & rope
    Cannibal - Thanks a lot for the comments. Now that decide it! I´ll go for the pro model.

I gonna have two hamocks then, the vintage Royal Navy from the 50's made of cotton canvas with eyelets and a modern travel-camping hammock.

something tells me the canvas hammock should support more weight (at least in brand-new conditions, that is), and the G.I. jungle hammocks are made of cotton canvas too, but instead of eyelets they have webbing sewed at the hems, and only 5 at each end by the way, instead of the 12 or even 16 eyelets the Navy hammocks had,so I think that could be their weak point. I have not touched the canvas of my hammock yet, but the instructions for the DIY I got in the above links call for No. 12 cotton.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nailer View Post
    Cannibal - Thanks a lot for the comments. Now that decide it! I´ll go for the pro model.

I gonna have two hamocks then, the vintage Royal Navy from the 50's made of cotton canvas with eyelets and a modern travel-camping hammock.

something tells me the canvas hammock should support more weight (at least in brand-new conditions, that is), and the G.I. jungle hammocks are made of cotton canvas too, but instead of eyelets they have webbing sewed at the hems, and only 5 at each end by the way, instead of the 12 or even 16 eyelets the Navy hammocks had,so I think that could be their weak point. I have not touched the canvas of my hammock yet, but the instructions for the DIY I got in the above links call for No. 12 cotton.
    Just keep in mind that cotton fabric will rot faster than the nylon that's typically used in modern hammocks. Be careful leaving it outside too much or you won't have a hammock for very long.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12