Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hennessy Hammock Video

Hey guys I found this Hennessy Hammock video. it's good to watch over if you havent ever used one before.

http://thebackpacker.tv/2009/08/13/h...-retailer-2009

There such awsome hammocks

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Nice features in this hammock. I love mine.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Not a big fan of the HH. I had found issues with all 3 key points: bottom entry, chair, lounger. It just wasnt for me.

I finally hung my HH last evening. I bought one just to try it. I have two Clarks that I have been using. The HH has some things I liked and other I didn't. Of course there is also a BIG price difference between the to manufacturers also.

The first thing that became apparent real quick is Georgia's misquitoes can bite thru the HH. I have never had one bite thru the Clarks but I got bit twice last even thru the HH.

I did get a littl flatter and different lay in the HH. Although I like (maybe because I am used to it) the lay of the Clarks just as well.

I am using both manufacturers standard suspension systems and I find the Clarks wiht the drip rings much easier to adjust. Obviously this can be solved with changing out the standard suspensions.

The HH bottom entrance is quicker to get in ut harder to get out. And althoguh I did not have a bag in the hammock I can see I would have to fight with a sleeping bag to get in it in the HH a little more that the Clark.

I am using both manufacturers standard tarps and while there was no rain last evening, I have no doubt that the HH tarp is minimal at best. I have spent several evenings as of late in the Clarks enjoying the rain. When I lay in the HH and I can see sky looking up, it just appears the tarp is too small for anything more than a straight down minimal shower.

Yes I realize the Clarks cost a good bit more and the HH Asym Exped is pretty much near the HH bottom line but I found the Clarks worth the extra money. Does this mean I will get rid of my HH? Nope, I will keep it and enjoy it for what it is. A lighter, minimal camping hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    MW3, JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Straps, Webbing

HH is ok

I have two HH's and both had the 2Q zipper mods. I felt having that option to zip or enter via birth canal was beneficial... They have some ok products and I think a person needs to find what works for them... nice video btw...

.02 I went with my WBBB and let other folks use my HH's...

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    I tried a HH at Trail Days a couple of years ago and just didn't like the bottom entry. Actually I think it was the bug net that didn't open that I disliked more than a dislike of the bottom entry.

My son recently camped with the Boy Scouts in an Expedition HH and to my surprise they didn't have bottom entry but side entry from one side. That is it only unzipped on one side. It made me think I ought to give them another look.

When I did look I discovered that several of the HH models, but not all, now can be ordered in either bottom entry or zippered side entry. I think the price is the same no matter which entry type you order.

http://hennessyhammock.com/catalogue.html

btw - I came upon that same HH video a couple of weeks back, seems it was on a different URL though.

I still liked my WBBB better , as does my son - but the HH looked to be well made and had some features which I thought handy or well thought out.

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    I'd like to see the Hyperlight with a side zip.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    2Q will hook you up. It's been done, I'd go with that single zipper to keep the weight down. I don't see a point though unless you plan to use a Warbonnet style UQ.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    factory
    Insulation
    Still researching
    Suspension
    factory
    I have tried these features with my Deep jungle and with my limited experience thay all seemed to work pretty well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverpirate View Post
    I am using both manufacturers standard tarps and while there was no rain last evening, I have no doubt that the HH tarp is minimal at best. I have spent several evenings as of late in the Clarks enjoying the rain. When I lay in the HH and I can see sky looking up, it just appears the tarp is too small for anything more than a straight down minimal shower.
    The HH stock fly is better than most folks give it credit for being. I was also very skeptical about its ability to keep me dry, but after a sleeping through a few particularly nasty Florida thunderstorms and staying bone dry, I'm a believer. Still pretty much useless for anything beyond keeping you dry when you're in your hammock, but that's really all a minimalist needs. That said, I wouldn't trust it to keep my down underquilts real dry in a bad storm and one does have to consider the height that they hang because rain water dripping/sheeting off the fly has a tendency to splash. Since there isn't much extra edge to those tarps, splashing the bottom of the hammock can be an issue. As to the being able to see the sky from your hammock, a common error is to put the fly on backwards. Not implying you did that, it's just a very common mistake the first few times a person hangs a HH. Certainly one that I made initially.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    From what I understand, Tom is offering the side zip option on every hammock except the Hyperlite! But, I bet that's being offered too soon enough.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast