Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    couple of uses for snake skins and how to use them here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzZTeAE3yc

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow / Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Lorax*, having that free space under the tarp looks like a great idea. Especially when camping with a group. I think I'm going to get a couple pairs myself (Superfly and Blackbird).

Having set up and taken down my new Superfly tarp and a bunch of times I have to say dang...that's one slippery piece of material. Snakes skins would help speed up breaking camp (and make my ground dwelling buddies jealous).

My only concern is which size. I did a search of the forums here and I think the recommendation is the #4 (for the Superfly) but I haven't found anything concrete. I'd also like to get a pair for my BB as well. Anyone have skins for their Superfly and BB?

Craig

*Great name!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    I'll hang it up today and redo the mess. It looks like an anaconda swallowed a melon.

I didn't think about the hammock in the skins giving me room under the tarp in bad weather. Now I know what I have to do. Thanks.
    http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hi...r/hhsnakes.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Es_...ayer_embedded#!

And my all time favorite: watch how easy and slick the cute girl breaks down that HH Super Shelter and- after removing pad, wraps the entire hammock, SS undercover and tarp into one set of skins ( no doubt #4 skins which I used). Could anything be slicker? It helps to know what you are doing, I guess, and she clearly does! I have done this, but never on a long trip where rain was likely. Then I always packed tarp and hammock in separate skins. For fear of getting something wet. But, I have had some folks ( not Tom H.) at HH tell me they actually did this and thought it was the most bomb proof way to keep things dry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6LVy...eature=related

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2112 View Post

Having set up and taken down my new Superfly tarp and a bunch of times I have to say dang...that's one slippery piece of material. Snakes skins would help speed up breaking camp (and make my ground dwelling buddies jealous).

My only concern is which size. I did a search of the forums here and I think the recommendation is the #4 (for the Superfly) but I haven't found anything concrete. I'd also like to get a pair for my BB as well. Anyone have skins for their Superfly and BB?

Craig

*Great name!
    I have always thought skins made setting up a tarp in the wind about as easy as it can be( which is not to say it is easy, but easier). I have even un-skinned only enough to get a guy line or two out and staked down or tied to a branch, and then un-skinned the rest. It is one way of doing things I have stuck to.

I would get the number 4s. It won't cost anymore, and will only cost you a fraction of an oz in weight. Bigger skins make for easier skinning. Of course if you are only going to skin a stock HH tarp, that doesn't take much skins. But who knows what tarp you will have later?

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    I agree with the #4's. I bought one set of #4 for my larger tarp and #3 for the 10 X 10. However, the smaller one seems to fit much more snugly, which makes it harder to furl and unfurl. The skinned tarp is also much more rigid, like it will almost stand up by itself, and more difficult to stuff somewhere. I would stick with the larger skins.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow / Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing
    BillyBob & Scotty, thanks! #4's it is. I found some on Amazon for $18 + shipping.

After seeing them in action Skins just seem like on of those why-didn't-I-think-of-that inventions.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12