Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    That looks pretty convenient if parking can be found.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have been to this boat ramp before. It has "legal" parking along the edge of the road provided you do not block the ramp access. I would be afraid of putting more than 3 or 4 cars there for a weekend. If parking could be found, you would not need a boat to get to the island. You would probably be able to walk to it from this ramp.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Hey CW . . . what is/was the water level like when you were out there? My inlaws have seen some pretty high water lately but maybe in August it might be a bit lower. May have my 7 yr old with me if we plan for the weekend of the 13-15 of August.

(providing a slight bump to keep this thread current)
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    They don't drop the water levels of the lake till after labor day. Or at least that's how it's been all my life.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    They don't drop the water levels of the lake till after labor day. Or at least that's how it's been all my life.
    Yeah, it is dam controlled but the water level seems to vary but I guess it probably doesn't vary enough to matter in this scenario. The walk over to Goat Island, how deep would that be? I have only been around the island once and that was early spring this year. If I recall correctly it was about 4-5 feet deep and the water level then was probably 2 feet lower than it is now. Still, the parking area is pretty close, didn't know if others have tried this before or not. Just curious.
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    I have been to this boat ramp before. It has "legal" parking along the edge of the road provided you do not block the ramp access. I would be afraid of putting more than 3 or 4 cars there for a weekend. If parking could be found, you would not need a boat to get to the island. You would probably be able to walk to it from this ramp.

may have us a parking spot within 1/4 mile of ramp! Will know more shortly. Any locking down of weekend? Salmonofdoubt, canoeing and a cobbler sounds good for the weekend! If date ends up on a weekend I can make, I can bring a few loaner canoes for those without.

Redbank

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Yeah, it is dam controlled but the water level seems to vary but I guess it probably doesn't vary enough to matter in this scenario. The walk over to Goat Island, how deep would that be? I have only been around the island once and that was early spring this year. If I recall correctly it was about 4-5 feet deep and the water level then was probably 2 feet lower than it is now. Still, the parking area is pretty close, didn't know if others have tried this before or not. Just curious.
    To tell you the truth, in the 32 years I have lived here. I can not recall ever actually goingto the island. It use to be a place where people would sneak out to and have big raginging parties when I was a kid, but I don't think the athorities allow that to happen anymore o at least we don't here about it. They usually keep the level about the same during the summer months. It was lower the last few years due to drought, but has been pretty much back to normal the past year.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by redbank View Post
    Any locking down of weekend?
    I am good for either the 1st or 2nd weekend in August. After that, I may be a scratch. Would definietly like to try a late Fall hang here, warm enough to swim, fish, whatever... but cool enough to enjoy a campfire and sleep in total comfort.
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    I am kinda having to play this one by ear at this point. Went back to school a couple years ago and I am now nearing the end and my free Time is becoming less and less. I do know I have a trip planed for the last weekend in June into the first of Aug but if the dates are right, I definitely woul like to hang and meet some of my fellow SC hangers. Even if I can only make one night.

Hammock
    Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Images
    I don't seem to frequent this forum very often anymore, but just got on here for the first time in quite a while and saw this, I just purchased a kayak and if this falls on one of my weekends off I just may try and make it!
    Relax, monsters under the hammock are easily distracted by twister-playing squirrels.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast