JRB Bridge and WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Gossamer Gear 1/4"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings!

My gear list....

This is my current gear list for summer camping. The sleeping pad system has to be refined since I just added a 1.0 Brownbird hammock DBL.

Take a look and tell me how to shave a few ounces. I have a few luxury items in there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bleemus

Yes, I sleep in a hammock. Please pass the Grey Poupon.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    What is your gravity filter setup?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Mamajamba SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Gossamer Gear 1/4"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings!
    Actually don't know the answer to that. I know I wanted an Amigo Pro but they are no longer available. Not a fan of the bag on some other options so waiting for someone to make a bag like the Amigo Pro. The weight I put in was about average for all of the options I have seen.
    Bleemus

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    The list looks great. It appears that you are in the subjective weight/luxury range, where you could go marginally lighter but may lose some comfort. I migrated to HF from BPL when I found myself in this range. For example, you could dump the Blackbird completely and shave 1.57 pounds, but that isn't in the spirit of HF and would certainly sacrifice comfort.

The MSR Groundhog (14g) is in my collection, but I've found the MSR Needle (10g) stakes hold well enough. I'm going to experiment with Vargo Shepherd's Hooks (8g) this summer and fall. I've also found REI, Sierra Designs, and GoingGear make a shortened version of the Groundhog, which might save a few grams.

I know that each gram adds up, but is 36 grams or 1.27 ounces ((14g-8g)*6 stakes) going to break the camel's back?

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    He can also switch to single layer blackbird if he wants, or a grand trunk nano, or make a cuben hammock. The griz bridge is pretty light too i think. Anyway, it really doesn't matter, he is so light anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I migrated to HF from BPL when I found myself in this range.

Do you guys make this stuff up on the fly? What the hell is HF and BPL? Has it EVER been used anywhere else in this forum, or anywhere ever for that matter, other than right now? Not meaning to single you out trooper as this seems to be a forum wide phenomenon; seemingly created on the spot acronyms and contractions. Maybe that's not the case, maybe you just need to be an "Old Salt" that's been here a gazillion years, but for newer people it's just downright frustrating.

I belong to quite a number of enthusiast forums of one sort or another and have never EVER seen such a love affair with the contractions and such.

Ok, ok, soapy soap box rant over.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreening View Post
    Do you guys make this stuff up on the fly? What the hell is HF and BPL? Has it EVER been used anywhere else in this forum, or anywhere ever for that matter, other than right now? Not meaning to single you out trooper as this seems to be a forum wide phenomenon; seemingly created on the spot acronyms and contractions. Maybe that's not the case, maybe you just need to be an "Old Salt" that's been here a gazillion years, but for newer people it's just downright frustrating.

I belong to quite a number of enthusiast forums of one sort or another and have never EVER seen such a love affair with the contractions and such.

Ok, ok, soapy soap box rant over.
    i had no clue at the first look but my instinct tell me that HF is Hammock Forums and what BPL could mean.. maybe Back Packing Light or some other forum like this.. if its not right, im getting old too

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7 / HH ULBA / GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    SWT JRB 8x8/Poncho
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Leighs/HHSS
    Suspension
    7/64 and 2mm WS
    Images
    To make it less frustrating the wonderful people on this forum did put these lists together... Although HF and BPL are not on there. But HF is hammock forums.... which you should already be familiar with and BPL is a website with a backpacking forum.... here http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...c3d:138.39.7.3

Acronyms: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=216

Glossary: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192

Hope that helps

Hammock
    DIY parallelogram/speer
    Tarp
    guidegear camo 12'
    Insulation
    garlington style
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Hey, your list looks pretty nice. As for shaving afew ounces... personally I'd probably just drop 4 of your 6 stakes and replace the firesteel with one of the shoestrings I'm already wearing... hooray for bowdrills and such. Do you use a caldera style pot stand/wind break? Otherwise I wouldn't fret over 10.75 lbs and I'd get out and enjoy the view. I noticed it said Long Trail list, as in The Long Trail or just A long trail?
    "nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in on your dreams? You don't dream for me no" Third Eye Blind

Hammock
    Tarp
    Mamajamba SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Gossamer Gear 1/4"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelanddime View Post
    Hey, your list looks pretty nice. As for shaving afew ounces... personally I'd probably just drop 4 of your 6 stakes and replace the firesteel with one of the shoestrings I'm already wearing... hooray for bowdrills and such. Do you use a caldera style pot stand/wind break? Otherwise I wouldn't fret over 10.75 lbs and I'd get out and enjoy the view. I noticed it said Long Trail list, as in The Long Trail or just A long trail?
    6 stakes. 4 for tarp and 2 for the BB hammock tieouts. Luxury tieouts that arent needed so those two stakes could be elminated in a pinch. Firesteel is also there just in case of hypothermia. Could be dropped.

Stove is not a caldera. Cookware is a bit heavy. Thinking of dropping the GSI kit for a BPL Firelite for my thru hike of the Long Trail in Vermont this year.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Bleemus

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast