WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Dutchware spring sale?

Does any one know if Dutchware is having a spring sale this year?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I really don't do sales. I am struggling to not raise prices and also just keep up with orders. I do Black Friday sale and sometimes I try to move an item that I have overstock of.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I really don't do sales. I am struggling to not raise prices and also just keep up with orders. I do Black Friday sale and sometimes I try to move an item that I have overstock of.
    Thanks for just pricing good quality items fairly and not being one of those “flash sale” and “biggest sale of the year…until our next sale” types.
    “If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” - Mark Twain, 1894

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    "Sales" can sometimes be a slippery slope to the Osborne Effect.

For you youngsters out there, once upon a time, there was a world without small computers. Yes, really! What we had was called "Big Iron". These were computers that took up a whole room. And that room had to have a reinforced floor and special air conditioning. But then arrived computers as small as a tabletop sewing machine appeared. One was Osborne, and then came Kaypro. The story varies a little bit depending upon the source, but essentially, to counter the competition from Kaypro, Osborne announced a future new model that was still in the prototype stage.

Dealers cancelled their orders for the Osborne 1. Customers stopped buying the Osborne 1 in anticipation of the new model. Cash flow for the Osborne company dried up and they went out of business.

How many of us are going to buy from our cottage industry friends but hold off, waiting for that sale? During that time, those vendors have to pay rent, utilities, employees, etc. But if no one is buying because they are holding off for a sale ... then what? If the vendor could market an item at a sale price all the time, and still be financially healthy at that level, that sale price would be the regular price.

So it's a gamble - grocery stores do this all the time. It's called a "loss leader". They sell an item with little or no profit to them with hopes that while you are in the store, you will buy other items at the regular price. Later, an analysis is done (or used to be, I've been out of the computer biz for a long time). The store knows what you bought and what coupons you used. So they can see if the net purchase was worth the discount on the sale item.

One company, Mariner Kayaks, carried a secondary line, Seda. Each winter the Seda's would go on sale. At that time it was beneficial to the manufacturer to buy at the sale price because, being winter - out of boating season - sales were down anyway. But Seda didn't want to lay off their trained workers and endure the hassle of finding/training new employees the next spring. So they priced the boats just enough so the workers could be kept on the payroll.

"Sales" are great, but if all of us only bought items that were on sale, waiting for those couple of days a year (except HG seems to be having a perpetual sale ) Many good cottage industry folks might not be around.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 04-01-2024 at 14:57.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the info! To be honest, the prices at Dutchware are very reasonable- and the quality is excellent! I am planning a future diy project and was wondering when I should order materials. ( I will probably place an order soon!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts