Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    4 season weather resistant. For $140. Looks good. But I have no where to store another hammock. No....wait........
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    It reminds me very much of the Clark's we had, only this one has an actual rain fly instead of just a cover.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Looks exactly like dozens of other similar designs on Amazon. Most are in the the $36-$96 range. Do a search on Amazon for "hammock tent" to get a taste.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    True enough there are lots of similar ones these days. I even found an Amok knockoff for $50

https://lifegetseasy4u.com/products/...qtF2XvmwzqY8MM

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    True enough there are lots of similar ones these days. I even found an Amok knockoff for $50

https://lifegetseasy4u.com/products/...qtF2XvmwzqY8MM
    I did a very small amount of research on this vendor (looked up the website on a variety of scam assessment sites). It does not get high marks. Some of the things I found on the various sites include:

- The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity on WHOIS
    - The registrar has a high % of spammers and fraud sites
    - The website is (very) young (just over a year old)
    - The website appears to be hosted by a company with a bad reputation
    - Payment methods support anonymous transactions
    - The company address is a small nondescript warehouse in Ontario with "tucows" on the front doors
    - The website has very low volume
    - The average review scores (and there aren't many) are mediocre

Individually, none of these things would be particularly damning. But collectively, they raise alarm bells to me.

Anyone wanting to risk losing $40 and possibly have their personal and credit card information sold on every black list out there might want to take a chance on this deal. Personally, I'm gonna pass. Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware!) Or perhaps as Mark Twain wrote in Huckleberry Finn: "It's too good for true, honey, it's too good for true"
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Thanks for the impressive digging you were able to do! My name is Lukas Pfob and I am the owner of Hawk Nest Hammocks I wanted to make a post on here to help answer some questions and maybe get some insight from PopcornFool on how to fix some of the issues that may cause my business and website to look fraudulent! Firstly I am located in Kelowna B.C. Canada and you can do a business license search in the city of Kelowna to see for yourself! Also my company is registered in the BC business registry which you can google and find yourself as well! I just launched my business late last year (but I technically say the beginning of this year to keep the books easy!). As far as the product itself goes, I used to use a cheap version off of Amazon (The Night Cat) and really liked the product but thought I could make it better and more importantly local! So after checking patents and design rights I got the go ahead to build a very similar design here in Canada! I upgraded all of the fabrics, improved some features to improve usability of the hammock, added the underside sleeping pad pocket, increased its durability, decreased its weight and lastly did it all in Canada! I have been trying my very best to keep value in Canada and try to start building back some strength in our economy any little way I can, and for me that was to do a 100% Canadian company. Made by Canadians, for Canadians! I wanted to ask about some of the points you made above to see if maybe I could get some help to fix these red flags with my company?

- The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity on WHOIS (is this some setting in GoDaddy as this is where I host my domain)- The registrar has a high % of spammers and fraud sites (I don't really know what this means, are there alot of spammers coming to my site? How can I fix this?)- The website is (very) young (just over a year old). (YUP! Just opened shop this year - The website appears to be hosted by a company with a bad reputation (Bad reputation seen where? I reply to every facebook comment, email, chat box and phone call - Payment methods support anonymous transactions (I am using Shopify Payments, is this a setting I should turn off or on?)- The company address is a small nondescript warehouse in Ontario with "tucows" on the front doors (Where did you get this address? The company address should be 949 Grenfell Court Unit B Kelowna BC! Which is my home at the moment. I use a manufacturer and 3pl down on the west coast currently)- The website has very low volume (Just trying to increase traffic now through some small paid ads!)- The average review scores (and there aren't many) are mediocre. (Trying to get more feedback and reviews but it has been challenging as a new company!)

I hope this helps and I would love some advice on how to improve my company? It is very hard to get things off the ground but I always want to be 100% transparent with anyone who is interested in the truth of my company! I have a phone number on my website which you are welcome to call me anytime and chat with me personally!

Thanks guys so much and I appreciate any input and feedback you may have!

Cheers
    - Lukas

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Congrats on the new business, Lukas! And good job on wanting to clear up some of the misconceptions. I don't need a new hammock right now, but wish you the best.

Charlotte

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Nest Hammocks View Post
    Thanks for the impressive digging you were able to do! My name is Lukas Pfob and I am the owner of Hawk Nest Hammocks I wanted to make a post on here to help answer some questions and maybe get some insight from PopcornFool on how to fix some of the issues that may cause my business and website to look fraudulent! Firstly I am located in Kelowna B.C. Canada and you can do a business license search in the city of Kelowna to see for yourself! Also my company is registered in the BC business registry which you can google and find yourself as well! I just launched my business late last year (but I technically say the beginning of this year to keep the books easy!). As far as the product itself goes, I used to use a cheap version off of Amazon (The Night Cat) and really liked the product but thought I could make it better and more importantly local! So after checking patents and design rights I got the go ahead to build a very similar design here in Canada! I upgraded all of the fabrics, improved some features to improve usability of the hammock, added the underside sleeping pad pocket, increased its durability, decreased its weight and lastly did it all in Canada! I have been trying my very best to keep value in Canada and try to start building back some strength in our economy any little way I can, and for me that was to do a 100% Canadian company. Made by Canadians, for Canadians! I wanted to ask about some of the points you made above to see if maybe I could get some help to fix these red flags with my company?

- The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity on WHOIS (is this some setting in GoDaddy as this is where I host my domain)- The registrar has a high % of spammers and fraud sites (I don't really know what this means, are there alot of spammers coming to my site? How can I fix this?)- The website is (very) young (just over a year old). (YUP! Just opened shop this year - The website appears to be hosted by a company with a bad reputation (Bad reputation seen where? I reply to every facebook comment, email, chat box and phone call - Payment methods support anonymous transactions (I am using Shopify Payments, is this a setting I should turn off or on?)- The company address is a small nondescript warehouse in Ontario with "tucows" on the front doors (Where did you get this address? The company address should be 949 Grenfell Court Unit B Kelowna BC! Which is my home at the moment. I use a manufacturer and 3pl down on the west coast currently)- The website has very low volume (Just trying to increase traffic now through some small paid ads!)- The average review scores (and there aren't many) are mediocre. (Trying to get more feedback and reviews but it has been challenging as a new company!)

I hope this helps and I would love some advice on how to improve my company? It is very hard to get things off the ground but I always want to be 100% transparent with anyone who is interested in the truth of my company! I have a phone number on my website which you are welcome to call me anytime and chat with me personally!

Thanks guys so much and I appreciate any input and feedback you may have!

Cheers
    - Lukas
    Please don’t give me a lot of credit, Lukas. I simply looked up lifegetseasy4u.com on a variety of scam buster websites like scamadvisor. You can look it up for yourself. I’ll try to find some of the sites I looked at and share the links once I have time at a computer.

Is that your website or a reseller? If the latter, perhaps it’s just that particular reseller who has an issue. Do you have your own website too? If that is your website, maybe you can work with the scam sites to improve your ratings.

Thanks for posting and sharing some additional information. It sounds like you put some effort into making your product better than the generic versions out there. Good luck with your sales!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that is not my website! My website is www.hawknesthammocks.ca Looks like this was just a retailer selling knock off brands that Danalex posted. Happy to help clear the air! Thanks for the best wishes and hope you have a wonderful week!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast