Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Our local scout camp installed parallel steel pipes at 6' height. This allow the scouts to sling their hammocks between the pipes parallel to each other, spacing as they require.

I ran a Scout Troop for 20+ years and have 40+ years of tenure with BSA. Severed the relationship with them due to Lawyers, and Insurance. Once they started to require use to sign indemnity clauses and transferred all lability for accidents onto the volunteers and charter orgs.... Nope, I'm out.

Sad part of it all, the 30 year campaign to DEI the Boy Scout's has only hurt the youth. I count the time I was stranded in the Canadian Bush away from my troop for 15 hours due to weather, and having to survive the night with the clothes on my back, my knife, and the skills I had learned as a defining moment of self confidence.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    Sticking wooden poles in concrete is a truly bad idea. Concrete traps moisture and accelerates rot, even with treated posts. Best to pack gravel around the posts.
    I agree with this.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    Our local scout camp installed parallel steel pipes at 6' height. This allow the scouts to sling their hammocks between the pipes parallel to each other, spacing as they require.

I ran a Scout Troop for 20+ years and have 40+ years of tenure with BSA. Severed the relationship with them due to Lawyers, and Insurance. Once they started to require use to sign indemnity clauses and transferred all lability for accidents onto the volunteers and charter orgs.... Nope, I'm out.

Sad part of it all, the 30 year campaign to DEI the Boy Scout's has only hurt the youth. I count the time I was stranded in the Canadian Bush away from my troop for 15 hours due to weather, and having to survive the night with the clothes on my back, my knife, and the skills I had learned as a defining moment of self confidence.
    The problems the Scouts face as a national organization have nothing to do with DEI — or at least nothing that’s the fault of DEI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12