Chameleon, SLD Voyageur
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG, Trailwinder
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    My SG Tarp has a 12' ridgeline. Not sure what I said on the video.
    Thanks Shug! Yes, you identify it as 12 feet in the video. Looks like a really nice tarp for winter/storms. The hammock is the first thing I've gotten from Superior Gear, but they seem to have added some well thought out details on all of their stuff.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang Williams View Post
    I'm convinced that SG hammocks are longer than advertised. At least, measuring both of my 11' SG hammocks and doing side by side comparisons with my HG and WB hammocks of the same advertised lengths leads me to believe that my SG hammocks are both actually 12' hammocks. The 2 SG hammocks are identical lengths to each other so I view it as free comfort, especially since I most often carry a 12' tarp anyways and will note that that's the length of tarp SG sells. I suppose it's the engineer in me who cares, but it drove me crazy why when I set the ridgeline to 110" that the suspension would need to be set so much steeper than the typical 30* in order to get the right tension in the ridgeline and height above the ground. When I really got my hammocks out and compared all 4 against each other was when it "clicked."
    Interesting! I’ve picked up on the 11’ SG being a bit longer than a typical 11’ based on people having trouble getting it to fit on stands like the YOBO Cricket.

I actually bought a 12’ SG when he offered those for a brief period— I should compare it to the 11’ SG that I bought my niece. (And maybe compare it to some of my 12’ SLD hammocks…)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12